Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Sorry about that , i sent you new Problem Reporting files .

According to your ioreg, the patch you have there is working... (changed connector-type to <01 00 00 00>).
You need to try both patches mentioned (other patch changes to <00 01 00 00>)
If still not working for you (don't forget to use Detect Displays in Sysprefs->Displays), then problem lies elsewhere.

According to your ioreg, the patch you have there is working... (changed connector-type to <01 00 00 00>).
You need to try both patches mentioned (other patch changes to <00 01 00 00>)
If still not working for you (don't forget to use Detect Displays in Sysprefs->Displays), then problem lies elsewhere.
i've tried both , nothing works .

What else might be the problem ? By the way i fresh installed 10.12 / 10.12.3 the VGA works on both of them .

i've tried both , nothing works .

What else might be the problem ? By the way i fresh installed 10.12 / 10.12.3 the VGA works on both of them .

Some other change in the graphics drivers then.
No current Apple computers have VGA, so it is not something Apple is testing...

Some other change in the graphics drivers then.
No current Apple computers have VGA, so it is not something Apple is testing...
Do you think replacing AppleInteGraphics kext with the one from 10.12.3 , is worth trying ?

Do you think replacing AppleInteGraphics kext with the one from 10.12.3 , is worth trying ?

It probably won't work (the graphics drivers are are group of kexts/frameworks/plugins that are tightly coupled), but you could try...

It probably won't work (the graphics drivers are are group of kexts/frameworks/plugins that are tightly coupled), but you could try...

I copied (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext , AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle ) from 10.12.3 and it worked .

and i even prepared the Problem Reporting files , however i decided to remove AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle and replace it with the 10.12.5 one ) after restarting the machine can't get the VGA to work again , tried everything and nothing works .

The Steps i followed:
installing almost all Graphics Related kexts from 10.12.3 using kext utility .
Then Restart
Got a sluggish graphics no HDMI, nothing works , so i reverted back the kexts (Manually by removing the .bak) except for (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext , AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle ) , then restart, VGA & HDMI works and even tried sleeping,restarting turning on / off night mode all ports were working until i replaced the .bundle with the stock one and restarted .

I hope that you might find something in the problem reporting files or point me to the problem that made it stop working .

I copied (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext , AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle ) from 10.12.3 and it worked .

AppleSNBGraphicsFB is for Sandy Bridge/HD3000.
It does not load on Broadwell hardware.

AppleSNBGraphicsFB is for Sandy Bridge/HD3000.
It does not load on Broadwell hardware.
So what do you think made it work ? Did you look at the files I sent you ?

So what do you think made it work ? Did you look at the files I sent you ?

From the ioreg, looks like the 0204 connector is no longer patched for HDMI.
connector-type is DP <00 04 00 00>
Probably your installing the SNB kexts destabilized kernel cache, which broke Clover kext patching (temporarily).
Maybe VGA works with DP connector-type.

From the ioreg, looks like the 0204 connector is no longer patched for HDMI.
connector-type is DP <00 04 00 00>
Probably your installing the SNB kexts destabilized kernel cache, which broke Clover kext patching (temporarily).
Maybe VGA works with DP connector-type.
That a good possibility , how to test that , is there's any patch I should add ?

Back