Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

That a good possibility , how to test that , is there's any patch I should add ?

To the contrary.
Remove patches that change the connector-type to VGA or HDMI.

That worked ... but now I lost hdmi Audio
I got audio back using this patch HDMI-audio , port 0105
So now , This is the only patch with the word HDMI / VGA in the config file.
And three monitors works .
Do you have an explanation for such behavior of VGA rehabman?

That worked ... but now I lost hdmi Audio
I got audio back using this patch HDMI-audio , port 0105

Yeah... the 0105 port is your HDMI port, so you want to keep that patch.
The 0204 port is your VGA port.

So now , This is the only patch with the word HDMI / VGA in the config file.
And three monitors works .
Do you have an explanation for such behavior of VGA rehabman?

No idea. Only Apple would know why VGA works with a connector-type for DP...

I can not understand what happened. I turn on the laptop in the morning, and there are terrible brakes, it is not possible to move the cursor normally, it constantly hangs, it jerks when trying to move, and the whole system is terribly slow. At the same time, the screen periodically flashes, then the dark one is normal, something is average, while the screen does not turn off, just the brightness jumps chaotically. At first I thought, maybe something in the piece of hardware was out of order - checked everything, SSD, wi-fi module, RAM (for each of these devices I have a 100% working replacement). No, everywhere the same - terrible brakes. Reinstalled the system, while the boot process from the flash drive is normal, the system installation process is fine, nothing hangs, the system is quickly set up, the first boot process also passes normally, the desktop appears - everything is fine, no brakes, but as soon as I put all the drivers , clover and start to load already with SSD or HDD (tried to install the system and there and there, several times reinstalled), all at once brakes, tried to delete all the drivers one by one, leaving only the most important ones, without which the system will not boot, nothing still slow, try cleaning all EFI directory (including hidden files) - to no avail. In this case, if I install Windows on the SSD (and all the necessary drivers), then the laptop works fine!
Two days already I suffer, I just can not understand what's the matter. Yet it worked, and not one month. Already tried all the options I know.

Update. It seems to be how to find out the reason. It looks like the video card is out of order. I delete hiresSSDT, and the system works fine, well, the graphics card is only naturally not specified. I return hiresSSDT to the place and again slows down everything. The same thing if I inject through clover, without hiresSSDT. But the video card is determined normally, the processor too, the temperature is normal, the processor is not loaded.
It's strange that everything works in Windows, both graphics cards work!

Update 2. I downloaded from the official Intel site a program for testing processors and built-in video cards - Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit. All is well, the test is successful. Means with the hardware everything is fine (well, especially since under Windows it works perfectly). When installing the Mac OS, the installation also goes fine, no hang-ups or slowdowns, the first boot of the installed system (when the flash memory is also indicated as the loader) also goes well, and on this one the graphics card is already detected and works perfectly. But it is worthwhile to install all the necessary drivers directly into the system and the bootloader, and then it will boot up with the SSD - everything, terrible freezes, flashing of the display, etc., etc.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I can not understand what happened. I turn on the laptop in the morning, and there are terrible brakes, it is not possible to move the cursor normally, it constantly hangs, it jerks when trying to move, and the whole system is terribly slow. At the same time, the screen periodically flashes, then the dark one is normal, something is average, while the screen does not turn off, just the brightness jumps chaotically. At first I thought, maybe something in the piece of hardware was out of order - checked everything, SSD, wi-fi module, RAM (for each of these devices I have a 100% working replacement). No, everywhere the same - terrible brakes. Reinstalled the system, while the boot process from the flash drive is normal, the system installation process is fine, nothing hangs, the system is quickly set up, the first boot process also passes normally, the desktop appears - everything is fine, no brakes, but as soon as I put all the drivers , clover and start to load already with SSD or HDD (tried to install the system and there and there, several times reinstalled), all at once brakes, tried to delete all the drivers one by one, leaving only the most important ones, without which the system will not boot, nothing still slow, try cleaning all EFI directory (including hidden files) - to no avail. In this case, if I install Windows on the SSD (and all the necessary drivers), then the laptop works fine!
Two days already I suffer, I just can not understand what's the matter. Yet it worked, and not one month. Already tried all the options I know.

Update. It seems to be how to find out the reason. It looks like the video card is out of order. I delete hiresSSDT, and the system works fine, well, the graphics card is only naturally not specified. I return hiresSSDT to the place and again slows down everything. The same thing if I inject through clover, without hiresSSDT. But the video card is determined normally, the processor too, the temperature is normal, the processor is not loaded.
It's strange that everything works in Windows, both graphics cards work!

Update 2. I downloaded from the official Intel site a program for testing processors and built-in video cards - Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit. All is well, the test is successful. Means with the hardware everything is fine (well, especially since under Windows it works perfectly). When installing the Mac OS, the installation also goes fine, no hang-ups or slowdowns, the first boot of the installed system (when the flash memory is also indicated as the loader) also goes well, and on this one the graphics card is already detected and works perfectly. But it is worthwhile to install all the necessary drivers directly into the system and the bootloader, and then it will boot up with the SSD - everything, terrible freezes, flashing of the display, etc., etc.

Open a separate thread with "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Hello Rehabman. I have kept El Capitan in my Lenovo because of the Safari problem. I just noticed that you posted a solution for it. Does this really work? Where canI find IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.?

Hello Rehabman. I have kept El Capitan in my Lenovo because of the Safari problem. I just noticed that you posted a solution for it. Does this really work? Where canI find IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.?

That solution has been available for a long time...
And yes... it seems to work.
I have forks of both on my github/bitbucket sites.

Back