Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems in 10.13 High Sierra

So, I have a unique issue. Upgraded to High Siera, but at the same time I picked up a 4k monitor (no longer have an 1080p monitor either) on Cyber Monday and a Wireless card (Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC).

Ever since the upgrade(s) I've noticed the computer lags incredibly bad. I'm not gaming or anything just browsing the web or developing using an IDE. I'm noticing the biggest lag using iMessage or using my IDE when developing, is this a TRIM issue, or can the CPU can't keep up?

Thoughts, suggestions ( other than upgrading to an i7, which I've already planned after the holidays ).

-joey

EDIT: Forgot to mention its noticeably snappier if I use the default 4k resolution, if I scale it down, the lag gets worse.

EDIT x2: Okay its the GPU, I monitored the GPU using hwmonitor, and you can see the huge spikes in GPU Memory. I'll just have to upgrade the GPU first. I thought that for sure the GTX 950 could handle a single 4k monitor, any suggestions for the best upgrade, without spending over $500 bucks?

What laptop hardware is this?
Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm trying to fix the Graphics boot glitch on MacOS High Sierra (10.13) but I can't find the right patch and the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext don't seem to work for me (Intel HD4000 1366x768 resolution
01660003 ID). I've tryed in /System/Library/Extensions in /Library/Extensions and using Clover kext injection but the glitch still persist. And I also couldn't find a right version of the "old style patch" (using Clover config.plist). Where can I find the right patch for High Sierra then?

I'm trying to fix the Graphics boot glitch on MacOS High Sierra (10.13) but I can't find the right patch and the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext don't seem to work for me (Intel HD4000 1366x768 resolution
01660003 ID). I've tryed in /System/Library/Extensions in /Library/Extensions and using Clover kext injection but the glitch still persist. And I also couldn't find a right version of the "old style patch" (using Clover config.plist). Where can I find the right patch for High Sierra then?

The glitch is never completely eliminated... sometimes traded for blackscreen.
But glitch patch (and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+Lilu.kext) will only reduce the severity.
Better result if you enable CSM/legacy boot.

The location for the 10.13 patch for 10.13 is also documented in post #1.

The glitch is never completely eliminated... sometimes traded for blackscreen.
But glitch patch (and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext+Lilu.kext) will only reduce the severity.
Better result if you enable CSM/legacy boot.

The location for the 10.13 patch for 10.13 is also documented in post #1.
I can only find a patch for the beta version of high sierra on the mentioned file of the git (found on this link: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_patches.plist) that doesn't work.

Trim support was always On on my computer. I never did anything to enable it and now seems I can't disable it after High Sierra install. I tried "sudo trimforce disable" but after computer had restared the Trim was still On. I tried to delete KextToPatch "Enable TRIM for SSD" and still Trim support is On. How could I disable it?

EDIT: Had a problem with audio, but I realized I didn't follow the "major updates" part of your original guide! All fixed now!

Last edited:
Trim support was always On on my computer. I never did anything to enable it and now seems I can't disable it after High Sierra install. I tried "sudo trimforce disable" but after computer had restared the Trim was still On. I tried to delete KextToPatch "Enable TRIM for SSD" and still Trim support is On. How could I disable it?

You probably have an NVMe SSD. You cannot disable TRIM with NVMe.

You probably have an NVMe SSD. You cannot disable TRIM with NVMe.
I understand. Anyway I returned back to Sierra as it worked really reliably and in High Sierra I lost sound and had to set Hidpi resolution every time after boot as it would go back to closest simple resolution. Will return back to it some time in the future. Thank you.

Hello Everybody, happy new year! I've use to have the ApplePS2Controller installed but updated to VoodooPS2Controller since this last one is the newer solution. Also I've in some point of my installation replace the native Trackpad.prefpane file for another one which worked for ApplePS2Controller. Now using the last VoodooPS2Controller my trackpad isn't working and before turns in panic I need to replace the Trackpad.prefpane back again to use the native one. Could anyone help me to get it for High Sierra 10.13.2?

Back