Graphics
UHD 630/ MX 150
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? My RBS 2019 works with almost 100% functionality except for 2 issues:

1. Sleep - When I put the laptop to sleep by either selecting sleep under the apple menu or closing the lid:
  • Keyboard backllight remains on
  • I can hear the fans spin
  • Screen is black with no Backlight
If I try to wake the machine up by pressing on buttons on clicking the trackpad the screen's backlight turns on but the screen itself is blank. I Thuhave also tried shining a torch on the screen after wake and can't see anything.

2. Display through HDMI - I have a USB C dongle with an HDMI port that works well with a real macbook and on the RBS Windows Partition. If I plug it into the left USB C port (non thunderbolt) The HDMI display does not work but the dongle works like a hub (usb ports and power delivery work) if I plug it into the right USB C port (thunderbolt 3) The laptop restarts. If I leave it plugged in during restart I get no functionality on the dongle and the laptop restarts again if I pull the dongle out.

Problem 1 is my priority - Sleep is the only thing I need to get to work to make the laptop my daily driver, problem 2 is just a nice to have but I can do without it.

I have attached my problem reporting files - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_15035.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 76
@jt1900jt I discovered lately that if you put the RBS to sleep then wake it up and it goes into blackscreen with backlight mode and you plug it into a usb-c dongle with an HDMI connected to an external display you it will work on extended display mode. Its still unusable since your main display is dead but it tells me that when the RBS tries to wake up from sleep it tries to connect back to the internal laptop display but fails.

Maybe hackintool can help set the connection? Im not too savvy with framebuffer patching but maybe @headkaze can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back