Contribute
Register

Razer Blade going back to sleep a few seconds after wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I installed windows and saw that there was a BIOS update on the manufacturers website. Did that and checked the DMVT settings with AMIDCP. It is set to 64MB. Please see attached screenshot. I also attached an updated dump file because I had to repatch the DSDT file.

Could it be that my USB mapping is incorrect? I can access both USB ports but the USB C only works if I have something connected a boot. Cannot hot plug. The HDMI port also doesn't work.

Why are you using CFL backlight patches on your KBL graphics?

In an attempt to find a fix I took the patch from another Razer Blade. Didn't realize it was set to Coffee Lake. Should I remove the SSDT-PNLF.aml file? Fairly new to this.

In an attempt to find a fix I took the patch from another Razer Blade. Didn't realize it was set to Coffee Lake. Should I remove the SSDT-PNLF.aml file? Fairly new to this.

Use of SSDT-PNLF.aml is described in the backlight guide:

Okay so I used the SSDT file from the guide.
Lid close get the computer to sleep but on opening the lid I get black screen (The system indicator light however shows that its on). However, if i close it again and reopen the display wakes up fine! Attached the log:

So basically working fine if the lid is opened and closed twice after lid sleep

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 7.51.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 7.51.16 PM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 81
Lid close get the computer to sleep but on opening the lid I get black screen

Attach problem reporting files collected in this scenario (may need to use remote desktop).

Additionally I have made 2 more changes.

1 - Applied the shutdown fix on my DSDT file because it wasnt shutting down
2 - Tried to apply power management from your guide and also applied the HWP (unrelated but I think this has made idle worse)

Thank you again for your support and assistance.

Problem reporting files are attached:

Attachments

• debug_326.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
Additionally I have made 2 more changes.

1 - Applied the shutdown fix on my DSDT file because it wasnt shutting down
2 - Tried to apply power management from your guide and also applied the HWP (unrelated but I think this has made idle worse)

Thank you again for your support and assistance.

Problem reporting files are attached:

This ioreg was collected in the "black screen after sleep" scenario?

Okay so I installed windows and saw that there was a BIOS update on the manufacturers website. Did that and checked the DMVT settings with AMIDCP. It is set to 64MB. Please see attached screenshot. I also attached an updated dump file because I had to repatch the DSDT file.

Could it be that my USB mapping is incorrect? I can access both USB ports but the USB C only works if I have something connected a boot. Cannot hot plug. The HDMI port also doesn't work.

64MB. Same as mentioned before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back