Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade V3 Stealth 2017-Clover
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 3200x1800
Specs: Razer Blade V3 13.3, 512gb, i7500U (Kaby Lake).
Issue: The computer sleeps properly when the lid is closed. The indicator light starts to flash and the Razer logo and keyboard leds turn off 15-20 seconds later.
However once I open the screen back up the computer wakes up instantly but goes back to sleep on its own after 5-10 seconds.

Checking the logs I see:
Entering Sleep state due to "Clamshell Sleep" TCPKeepalive=inactive

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-21 17.06.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-21 17.06.17.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 96
Specs: Razer Blade V3 13.3, 512gb, i7500U (Kaby Lake).
Issue: The computer sleeps properly when the lid is closed. The indicator light starts to flash and the Razer logo and keyboard leds turn off 15-20 seconds later.
However once I open the screen back up the computer wakes up instantly but goes back to sleep on its own after 5-10 seconds.

Checking the logs I see:
Entering Sleep state due to "Clamshell Sleep" TCPKeepalive=inactive
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile with complete hardware details as requested in the FAQ. Before your next reply.

Profile is updated and proper files attached. Also merging my other post about the same issue below:

So far I have gotten the brightness controls to work using the guide for AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml by Rehabman.

But I need help with lid wake (Clamshell sleep)

[Not working][Lid Sleep.png] I close the lid and the laptop goes to sleep but display wont wake on lid open. On display open keyboard lights up, I can hear the error sound on key presses. Tried pressing power button, keys etc but couldn't wake Attaching log.

• [Working][Apple Menu Sleep.png] Sleep from apple menu (software), Computer wakes up fine by pressing power button, (Keystrokes illuminate keyboard but wont wake using those)
  • [Working] Sleep initiated from power button, wakes fine by pressing power button, (Keystrokes illuminate keyboard but wont wake)
  • [Working] Idle Sleep, Wakes up fine using power button
  • [Not working] Lid sleep puts the computer to sleep but opening the lid turns screen on without backlight. I can hold my phone up to it and see that its on. It goes back to sleep after a few seconds. I can wake it up again using power button but same loop. Have to hard reboot.

Attachments

• debug_26378.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 10.23.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 10.23.12 PM.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Profile is updated and proper files attached. Also merging my other post about the same issue below:

So far I have gotten the brightness controls to work using the guide for AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml by Rehabman.

But I need help with lid wake (Clamshell sleep)

[Not working][Lid Sleep.png] I close the lid and the laptop goes to sleep but display wont wake on lid open. On display open keyboard lights up, I can hear the error sound on key presses. Tried pressing power button, keys etc but couldn't wake Attaching log.

• [Working][Apple Menu Sleep.png] Sleep from apple menu (software), Computer wakes up fine by pressing power button, (Keystrokes illuminate keyboard but wont wake using those)
  • [Working] Sleep initiated from power button, wakes fine by pressing power button, (Keystrokes illuminate keyboard but wont wake)
  • [Working] Idle Sleep, Wakes up fine using power button

What is DVMT-prealloc set to? You will likely need 64mb or larger for the high resolution display.

How can I check that? Also I updated the above post and added a screenshot of grep sleep using

pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake "

How can I check that? Also I updated the above post and added a screenshot of grep sleep using

pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake "

It may be a BIOS setting. For you to check. Refer to the FAQ:

Its locked down in BIOS and Im running Mac only on this system. Looks like phoenixtools only works in windows.

I can try running it in an emulator like Wine

Okay so I installed windows and saw that there was a BIOS update on the manufacturers website. Did that and checked the DMVT settings with AMIDCP. It is set to 64MB. Please see attached screenshot. I also attached an updated dump file because I had to repatch the DSDT file.

Could it be that my USB mapping is incorrect? I can access both USB ports but the USB C only works if I have something connected a boot. Cannot hot plug. The HDMI port also doesn't work.

Attachments

• debug_12934.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back