Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Razer Blade 2018 4k | IGPU is driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this patch:

Info: ALT: Set the maximum link rate in DPCD buffer to 0x14 (HBR2) for laptops with 4K display (by FireWolf)
Name: AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 4883C304 4883FB08 72D0
Repl: 807DC100 7504C645 C114
Ok, I will try it, one quick question: Since it's a Kext-Patch... I do not have installed the AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext but that is (as far as I know) some native OSX kext, will that patch still work or do I need to download some kind of Hackintoshed-Framebufferkext? Just want to make sure.

Thank you guys for your help! :D

No no, only patch
Applied the Patch and tried ig-platform-id with Graphics Tab and after that directly over WhateverGreen with Devices Tab, both won't work.

Ok, so with FakeID removed, Inject Intel checkbox unchecked, 0x3E9B0000 in Graphics/ig-platform-id and Devices/Properties PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) -> AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00009B3E (reversed byte format) I get stuck booting at gIOScreenLockState again :/

Kext-Patch is always active.

Try this patch:

Info: Set the maximum link rate in DPCD buffer to 0x14 (HBR2) for laptops with 4K display (by FireWolf)
Name: AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: E8 00 00 00 00 48 83 C3 04 48 83 FB 08 72 D0
Repl: 41 83 BC 24 DC 01 00 00 00 75 04 C6 45 C1 14
KernelPatch, right?

No, KextsToPatch, delete the first one and put this

(always without fake-id)
Oh, did you edit that post? Either I am blind and I didn't see the Info and Name or you edited it, that's why I thought it would be a KernelPatch, sry :D.

Going to try this now.

Try this solution:

1. Use config1.plist (remember to change the name to "config.plist")
  2. Place WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext into Clover's EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder
  3. See if it works
If it don't work, try this other solution:

1. Use config2.plist (remember to change the name to "config.plist")
  2. Place WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext into L/E
  3. See if it works
Uhm, not to sound stupid or anything but... Where can I download that Kext? I think that it is already in OSX natively, shouldn't that be enough? If not, could you provide me with a link or tell me where to find it?

First one is just booting up fine, but no accelerated graphics and still only 31MB.
Second one is doing 3 minute black screen again and then hangs at gIOScreenLockState 3

I think that this CPU is just a pile of ** tbh, so many people got UHD 630 running, but the i7 8570H is just producing problems ._.

Thank you very much for you help so far! :)

Try this with WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext in Clover/Other

(remove boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware)
So, I've removed the -disablegfxfirmware BootArg and it booted successfully, but still only 31MB. nv-disable=1 is still active though. Should I remove that as well?

Removed that, didn't change anything. When WhateverGreen and Lilu were not put in L/E Audio went down, so it probably means that they didn't take effect from Devices/Properties while in Clover kext folder, so I copied them back.

Yeah, I used your config, just removed the flag. That won't change anything :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back