CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there!

What has worked for me can be found later on in this post: #42

To start things off - I have some experience in hackintoshing already but I'd definitely consider myself a beginner since most of the time I've done one there was either a tutorial online or I was able to find some files / informations I could use. This time nothing available on the internet is really working out for me, so I'm kinda all on my own now.

My model of the Blade is the 2018 4k one, with the following specs:
  • Intel Core i7-8750H, 6x 2.20GHz
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 15.6" 3840x2160 IPS Touchscreen
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q 8GB
  • 512GB M.2 PCIe (2280)
I am already writing this post from my very poorly working Hackintosh. Its a Mojave 10.14.3 installed on a external SSD with a USB 3 controller, booting works like a charm. Oh and btw, I still use my USB flash drive for clover since that's most convenient while trying out kexts and patches, imo.

So my problem is the following: My UHD 630 has only 31MB, everything glitches around and like 5mm on the bottom of my screen are just cut off, I don't see the full dock.

I've tried so many things, from many many ig-platform-ids, many SMBIOSes (I actually think that MacBookPro15,1 should be perfect for this machine), Entries in Devices/Properties with AAPL,ig-platform-id and framebuffer-patching, over patched DSDTs, nothing worked out for me. Either I get a kernel-panic on boot or the graphics just stay the same - horrible.

Has anybody got this working? I have seen another Razer Blade thread on this forum, but nothing worked out for me there. Also I've read many posts from people using the i7 8750H with UHD 630 but again - no success.

Would be really amazing if someone could help me out with those problems since I'm slowly running out of new ideas.
Thank you guys in advance!

Last edited:
With L/E you mean Library/Extensions right? Just making sure.

I am always booting with -disablegfxfirmware, but that actually never made a difference :/. So I already had Lilu and WhateverGreen in my Clover/kexts/Other folder. I never understood the difference between C/k/O and L/E, could you explain that to me?

And I can just drop them in L/E, right? KextBeast is only for permissions and stuff, or does it actually modify the kexts?
Sry for all of those noob questions, just want to make sure that I am doing it right.

Thank you for your Answer! :)

---

By the way! I flashed my BIOS to unlock the DVMT options and now set DVMT-PreAlloc to 64MB, since that the screen is no longer cut off at the bottom and everything seems to lag a bit less, but the acceleration still isn't working.

Oh, so it is exactly how I thought. Using sudo to get permissions and copying recursively because Kexts are actually a directory. I will try moving them from my clover to L/E but I don't think that that will change anything because Clover still injects them, it only may be a bit slower.

Will edit this post after trying.

// Edit:
Ok, so I now have moved them both over to L/E, booted with -disablegfxfirmware and kext-dev-mode=1, nothing changed. Still stuck at 31MB and no acceleration :/.

Last edited:
So, basically I was following a guide, and tbh I am pretty thankful that it exists because that got my trackpad, audio and wifi (I guess, because Broadcom-Card is arriving on Wednesday) working. Touchscreen also works perfectly, booting is really fast since I moved the kexts into L/E.

But whatever I try, IGPU won't work properly.
The Guide I use: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-high-sierra-10-13-6-17g2208-17g5019.264017/

This Guide is for High Sierra, so I had to update some kexts, no big deal and simple work. But the Graphics really won't work out. If I use the framebuffer-patching, and the AAPL,ig-platform-id entries I get a pretty long black screen on boot and after the image returns it freezes at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3.

@JackLeeu

Thank you for your help! Sadly that does not really work out for me. The plist I currently use works out just fine and I really don't want to give it up since the only buggy thing is IGPU. I am really happy with the current setup, just need to get the final things working...

I have attached a screenshot from my tries with framebuffer patching as well as my current EFI folder.

Thank you guys very much for your time and effort! :)

//EDIT:
What I forgot, nothing regarding my problems but maybe something other people could care about:

When installing the kexts into L/E there were some problems, sudo cp -r didn't really work out for me, no idea why because the command itself was 100% ok. But anyways, the filesystem-permission issues would still occur, I think.

So I dropped them into L/E by hand, authenticated through finder. After that I changed up the owner, group and permissions with the following command so OSX would accept the kexts:

• $ sudo chown -R root:wheel * (change user to root and group to wheel for all files, recursively)
  • $ sudo chmod -R 755 * (change permissions to rwxr-xr-x for all files, recursively)

After doing that I got all kexts up and running.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 83
  • screen_1.png
    screen_1.png
    130 KB · Views: 81
  • screen_2.png
    screen_2.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 72
Change ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B8086
Do you mean the AAPL,ig-platform-id in Devices/Properties or the one in Graphics Tab? Because Devices/Properties requires a special data-format, I think, and that just looks like a unformatted address.

Use this config.plist with ig-platform-id 0x3E9B8086
Oh, so you removed IntelGFX FakeID and set the platform-id, got it. Used your plist, but acceleration is still not working, booting only took way longer because of some errors. Image attached.

To be honest, I don't think that it will be that easily done, because many people struggled with i7 8750H's UHD 630 on Mojave pretty badly. :( Framebuffer-patching will be required and then I need to fix something in the DSDT probably, all of that difficult stuff :c

Attachments

• 20190209_173913.jpg
    20190209_173913.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
What plist is that supposed to be? There are a lot of entries that I've never made and that would not even be compatible with my system, I mean just for fun I am going to boot with it, but that will never work imo.

@JackLeeu

Thank you, I will read that carefully and try it out. Afterwards I am going to reply here.

I did, instant panic. SMBIOS looks waaaay off, I see some NVIDIA stuff in there which I completely disabled and some other properties which will just never run on my system.

I know the FireWolf patches, but my Display is not 1080p or below, its 4k. That platform-id is the one I am using all the time, but I've never used that Kext-Patch.

Maybe we can get this working by "merging" the plists and only take the correct properties, but just taking it as is will never work. Do you have the 4k Kext-Patch at hand? Otherwise I will google for it and try that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back