Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 2016 Sierra compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I would really like to know whether the new 2016 Razer Blade is compatible for installing macOS Sierra. I am no professional person and I have zero idea whether it will work on this computer. I am in the middle of the decision if I want to buy this laptop or not.

Here are some specs, but you can see it on the official site.
  • Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.5GHz)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
  • 16 GB System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
  • Windows® 10 64-bit
  • 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2)
  • Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
  • Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded

Please help me. This means a lot to me.

Thank you.

-Adrian

Hello,

I would really like to know whether the new 2016 Razer Blade is compatible for installing macOS Sierra. I am no professional person and I have zero idea whether it will work on this computer. I am in the middle of the decision if I want to buy this laptop or not.

• Windows® 10 64-bit
  • 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2)

Thank you.

-Adrian

If as you state above, it has only the Nvidia 1060 and not Intel+Nvidia graphics, then it is not supported.

Hello,

• Windows® 10 64-bit
  • 256GB SSD (PCIe M.2)

Thank you.

-Adrian
The base 2016 15 inch MBP uses the same CPU, so the integrated graphics should be supported. The 1060 is not yet supported on nvidia mac drivers. I don't think the wireless card will work unless there's a kext out there for killer cards. If you've gone for the QHD+ model the touchscreen won't work. Any synaptics touchpad gestures and control over keyboard lighting also won't work.
USB-C may not work depending on the chip. The webcam probably won't work.

I own this model of the blade with a larger SSD and the 1080p matte display. Fabulous computer - but I'm not sure as a hackintosh it would work, I may test it in the future.

The base 2016 15 inch MBP uses the same CPU, so the integrated graphics should be supported.

According to post #1, there is no Intel graphics. May be inaccurate (or may be accurate), but my response is based on the information provided.

Just because the CPU has integrated graphics capability, does not mean that the OEM enabled it.
This kind of thing is easily confirmed by looking at hardware stats in Windows (eg. Windows Device Manager).

Last edited:
According to post #1, there is no Intel graphics. May be inaccurate (or may be accurate), but my response is based on the information provided.

Just because the CPU has integrated graphics capability, does not mean that the OEM enabled it.
This kind of thing is easily confirmed by looking at hardware stats in Windows (eg. Windows Device Manager).
I own this computer, it has nvidia Optimus and the iGPU is enabled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back