Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Helo all,

iam experiencing random freezing of the screen. I can move the mouse but nothing responds to clicking or typing on the keyboard. But if i let it sit for a while then the screen dims and after that it turns off like normal when you don't do nothing. But it won't come back if i press a key or mouse. It happens really random, doesn't even have to be under load. The last one happened 3 minutes after a normal boot. No load at all. Iam attaching a log from Console. The freeze happened at 1:30 PM. Maybe there is something important there cause i see there a lot of :**** Debug info for apparent hang in Main graphics engine ****. Maybe someone experienced can take a look at it. Thanks.

Iam on i3, 4gb, HD3000 (6490 disabled in bios), latest BIOS, Lion 10.7.1.

I tried to run Prime95 and stress the CPU but no freezing.

EDIT: can someone recommend a tool for stress testing the GPU, i can't seem to find any. Xbench doesn't do any stress testing.

Attachments

• console.rtf
    67.4 KB · Views: 292
begg said:
Helo all,

iam experiencing random freezing of the screen. I can move the mouse but nothing responds to clicking or typing on the keyboard. But if i let it sit for a while then the screen dims and after that it turns off like normal when you don't do nothing. But it won't come back if i press a key or mouse. It happens really random, doesn't even have to be under load. The last one happened 3 minutes after a normal boot. No load at all. Iam attaching a log from Console. The freeze happened at 1:30 PM. Maybe there is something important there cause i see there a lot of :**** Debug info for apparent hang in Main graphics engine ****. Maybe someone experienced can take a look at it. Thanks.

Iam on i3, 4gb, HD3000 (6490 disabled in bios), latest BIOS, Lion 10.7.1.

I tried to run Prime95 and stress the CPU but no freezing, now iam gonna stress GPU. Ill post results.

Same freeze here... but very randomly... my first was about one week ago.

@ Masso912 & EugeneY

Next time when it happens for you guys could you remember the exact time of the freezing and then go to Console and and post the log of that time here so we can compare? Thanks

begg said:
@ Masso912 & EugeneY

Next time when it happens for you guys could you remember the exact time of the freezing and then go to Console and and post the log of that time here so we can compare? Thanks
It's happened to me a few times and i just happened to come here to mention it and saw this......
It's happened 3 or 4 times and all i've been doing is looking on here each time coincidentally

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    380 KB · Views: 438
at 16:08 I tried to open a 6th tab in safari and it froze.... I wonder if it is linked to Safari???

Attachments

• freeze.tiff
    412.7 KB · Views: 470
I bet it is linked to Safari. I do know what you're talking about. But I don't use this laptop for much besides internet and iTunes.

blueking said:
I bet it is linked to Safari. I do know what you're talking about. But I don't use this laptop for much besides internet and iTunes.

Well I now have updated the bios so it definitely ISN'T that so I guess i'll compare the freezes and graphics hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back