i7 4790K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have upgraded to Monterey 12.2.1 and I am getting random lock-ups. I upgraded my OC before the MacOS upgrade using OpenCore Aux Tools, but I don't know if my EFI is correct. I have attached my EFI folder. Any insight would be appreciated.

Z97X-UD5H/i7 4790K/Radeon RX 580

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 62
As I'm on Haswell, I've moded your EFI so that it more resembles mine;
  • I've removed all patches as I noticed that you had the two patches in particular from ReservedMemory that were set as Enabled however none of those patches were relevant to your setup.
  • I've removed the Apple Folder, mine has never needed it not sure yous will either.
  • I've removed Bootstrap Folder as that was deprecated several OpenCore versions ago
  • I've removed HPET (could be ignorance on my part but it was not a requirement when setting up mine)
  • I've updated your EFI from OC v0.7.8 to OC v0.7.9
  • You had no OC errors to begin with and you have no OC errors now.
Give it a try, no guarantees though. Good Luck

Attachments

• fireguyed EFI OC v0.7.9 .zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
As I'm on Haswell, I've moded your EFI so that it more resembles mine;
  • I've removed all patches as I noticed that you had the two patches in particular from ReservedMemory that were set as Enabled however none of those patches were relevant to your setup.
  • I've removed the Apple Folder, mine has never needed it not sure yous will either.
  • I've removed Bootstrap Folder as that was deprecated several OpenCore versions ago
  • I've removed HPET (could be ignorance on my part but it was not a requirement when setting up mine)
  • I've updated your EFI from OC v0.7.8 to OC v0.7.9
  • You had no OC errors to begin with and you have no OC errors now.
Give it a try, no guarantees though. Good Luck

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know!!

Robbish - not sure if it's you EFI or my machine, but that gave the old "insert a bootable disk"... but then again, so did my old USB install flash drive... I had to get a M.2 adapter to put my old EFI back on and eventually got it back to the way it was.

I have a new Mac Studio on the way, this machine will drop in importance to a backup. I may just do a clean install, or tinker with what I have after I get everything moved over.

Thanks for trying!! and thank the Lord for TimeMachine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back