Contribute
Register

Random kernel panic on start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unclear on procedure where to start, or how to fix that random kernel panic

I am a hp Probook user!

what i did:
I downloaded RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1229 folder and opened it.
It consists of folder Debug, org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon, and Release.
I continued to Release folder and right click on VoodooPS2Controller (v 1.8.21) / show package contents.
Inside i found info.plist, MacOs and Plugins... so at this step what should i do?

There is no need to do anything with the inside of the kext. Just install with Kext Wizard.

i am confused because you said the instructions are written for all versions, but this version of kext 1.8.21 in not even mentioned in the instructions..

The instructions that don't mention a version are for all versions.

It would be best,.. if you could tell me as a pro tells a rokie how to do it..

Let's take a look at the situation (you'll learn how to read things...)

Current version is 1.8.21

Now let's look at each of the steps in the instructions:

- remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)

You will likely not have this kext installed, as it was part of a version much older than what you currently have.

- remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Same here.

- For versions 1.8.0, 1.8.1, and 1.8.2, ProBook users not using kozlek's branch of FakeSMC may wish to copy the ProBook specific Info.plist files (you are encouraged to use RehabMan's branch of kozlek's FakeSMC, such that this is not necessary). Assuming your current working directory is where you extracted the distribution archive:

The current version is 1.8.21. This step is not applicable to our version. Skip.

- install VoodooPS2Controller.kext using your favorite Kext installer (Kext Wizard) (note: for versions prior to 1.7.4, you must install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as well)

Install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext using Kext Wizard. No need to hunt for AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as that is part of an older version, as mentioned quite clearly in the text.

- starting with version 1.7.8, install the VoodooPS2Daemon

The current version is 1.8.21... so clearly, we should install the VoodooPS2Daemon as it is clearly stated that versions 1.7.8 and greater include it (1.8.21 is >= than 1.7.8)

Aaaaa Thank you for the enlightenment ! I didn't know how to "read" the instructions properly, Eureka!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back