Contribute
Register

Random kernel panic on start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one more question... Where do i find this specific info.plist?
is this the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon plist? if not, .. where is the location ?

thanks for anwser

What Info.plist are you referring to? Make sure you read the instructions carefully.

where do i copy this two lines in? Is this the right location of info.plist you are talking about? VoodooPS2Controller.kext/contents/info.plist ... If yes, where exactly do they fit inside this code?

cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

where do i copy this two lines in? Is this the right location of info.plist you are talking about? VoodooPS2Controller.kext/contents/info.plist ... If yes, where exactly do they fit inside this code?

cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

You're not reading very carefully. The instructions clearly state those steps are only for For versions 1.8.0, 1.8.1, and 1.8.2, and "ProBook users" only.

Those instructions are not applicable to the current version 1.8.21.

ok i understand, i thought that was ok to use same procedure as 1.8.2 ...
so what are the instructions for 1.8.21 version ? can't find them .. i carefully checked all but no luck.:confused:

ok i understand, i thought that was ok to use same procedure as 1.8.2 ...
so what are the instructions for 1.8.21 version ? can't find them .. i carefully checked all but no luck.:confused:

The instructions in the wiki cover all versions.

These are like "general instructions" or am I missing something? i found all info except for 1.8.21 version of kext. Can You Please paste me what am i missing.. i dont understand this instructions :/

These are like "general instructions" or am I missing something? i found all info except for 1.8.21 version of kext. Can You Please paste me what am i missing.. i dont understand this instructions :/

Read the instructions. The instructions, as written, cover all versions.

Ignore/skip instructions that are for older versions.

ok so i stuck to 1.8.x instructions then?

I am unclear on procedure where to start, or how to fix that random kernel panic

I am a hp Probook user!

what i did:
I downloaded RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1229 folder and opened it.
It consists of folder Debug, org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon, and Release.
I continued to Release folder and right click on VoodooPS2Controller (v 1.8.21) / show package contents.
Inside i found info.plist, MacOs and Plugins... so at this step what should i do?

i am confused because you said the instructions are written for all versions, but this version of kext 1.8.21 in not even mentioned in the instructions..

It would be best,.. if you could tell me as a pro tells a rokie how to do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back