Contribute
Register

Random Freezes Z97X-UD3H-BK - i7 4790 - GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what shows (i7 4790, should go to 4ghz, only goes to 3.8, maybe because Intel Graphics is disabled...?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.47.14.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.47.14.png
    173 KB · Views: 271
this is what shows (i7 4790, should go to 4ghz, only goes to 3.8, maybe because Intel Graphics is disabled...?)

I have same values.
But if I check by loading manually AppleCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, I get 8, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Please see this post from Stork

I'm using Clover, without DSDT / SSDT and
Generate P/C-states = true
XMP detection = 1
Please see my config.plist attached

Attachments

• CONFIG.PLIST - Thomas6.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 114
The system is stable from yesterday when I lowered base clock to 99.90 mhz. I'll report if this is it.

Hi all,

I have the same hardware and had random freezes also. It seems the freezes started after I added 2 more RAM dimms. (4x4GB Crucial Ballistic Tactile 1600 MHz in total now).
After lots of reading and BIOStweaking I found out 4 dimms of RAM on this motherboard cause freezes.
I updated my BIOS for the GA-Z97X-UD5 from F8 to F9f and the freezes are gone :)

Here's where I found the BIOS-update :
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Hope it helps...

OK, will check. Official BIOS is F7, but here's the beta F8. Will try with this one.

GA-Z97-D3H freezes

I have a
  • GA-Z97-D3H
  • two 4GB DIMMs from three DIMM Corsair Vengeance CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 set
  • Intel Core i7 4790K
  • Samsung 840 SSD
  • MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760
  • Seasonic SS-520FL PSU
  • Windows Logitech keyboard and mouse (I plan to buy Apple ones if this thing works)
I'm getting freezes every 5 minutes or so (everything just hangs, display remains on). I had quite a few deadbeef and other installation panics but somehow managed to install it.So far I tried reducing the frequency from 100.00Mhz to 99.90Mhz, but it didn't help.Otherwise settings are fairly default-ish, VT-d disabled, xHCI auto, disabled intel graphics, xHCI hand-off and EHCI hand-off activated, SATA AHCI.Not sure how to get Multibeast settings, but again I followed what other people with the motherboard had reported as working (don't get sound though, and I had no Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Motherboard Support in my Multibeast, only ALC1150; not sure what to enable to get sound).Any ideas what I should try to resolve freezes? Switching to 2*8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport?

I think I found the solution to my random freezes!

How long has your system gone without a panic? You mentioned swapping out the RAM, do you think this is more of a hardware issue...or a software one (in that Apple doesn't support the latest intel CPUs yet)?

The system is stable from yesterday when I lowered base clock to 99.90 mhz. I'll report if this is it.

After testing for two days now, I got one freeze. So this isn't a bullet-proof solution. What really bugs me is that from from the start freeze happens in 1 or 2 mins after booting into system. If there's no freeze in this timeframe the computer works for the whole day without any problems. The next morning, BAM, 4 freezes in a row, 1/2 mins after booting... then again works OK for the whole day. It's like a fu-ck-ing lottery.

Hi all,

I have the same hardware and had random freezes also. It seems the freezes started after I added 2 more RAM dimms. (4x4GB Crucial Ballistic Tactile 1600 MHz in total now).
After lots of reading and BIOStweaking I found out 4 dimms of RAM on this motherboard cause freezes.
I updated my BIOS for the GA-Z97X-UD5 from F8 to F9f and the freezes are gone :)

Here's where I found the BIOS-update :
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Hope it helps...

Had another freeze again yesterday, the BIOS update from F8 tot F9f didn't solve the 4 dimms problem...BIOS settings without XMP does ! but then RAM works @ 1333 MHz instead of 1600 MHz...I doubt I can feel the difference between the two settings in practice (DAW) anyway...
Although the freezes stayed away for the longest time ever after installing beta-BIOS, Gigabyte should address this problem with a decent BIOS-update for all their MB's coping with this problem...
RAM @1333 MHz it shall be for the moment. Tired of searching for another solution.

Had another freeze again yesterday, the BIOS update from F8 tot F9f didn't solve the 4 dimms problem...BIOS settings without XMP does ! but then RAM works @ 1333 MHz instead of 1600 MHz...I doubt I can feel the difference between the two settings in practice (DAW) anyway...
Although the freezes stayed away for the longest time ever after installing beta-BIOS, Gigabyte should address this problem with a decent BIOS-update for all their MB's coping with this problem...
RAM @1333 MHz it shall be for the moment. Tired of searching for another solution.

EXACTLY! been testing my system for the past few days and the only stable solution is 1333 mhz RAM settings. Kinda sucks knowing my ram is made for 1866 mhz. The difference in Geekbench is 600 marks. 15.800 vs 15.200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back