Asus GTX760-DCMOC-2GD5
2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHz
Kingston mSATA 120GB SSD
2 x WD Red 3TB - Striped RAID
1 x WD Black 1TB - Backup
PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W
Behringer FCA1616 audio interface
OS X 10.9.5

I encountered random freezes, so started following up on all the tips I could get from this forum.
But I wasn't successful.

what I did:
  • updated the BIOS
  • turning off XMP profile 1
  • Gen3 setting in BIOS
  • turned off audio in BIOS
  • disconnected all USB peripherals (system sometimes froze instantly while disconnecting / connecting Logitech USB mouse)
  • deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
  • replaced my Crucial Ballistix Sport for two new Corsair Vengeance sticks (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10) - on GigaByte support list
  • replaced SSD startup disk for Crucial M550 (also tried WD HDD 1TB)
  • replaced graphics card for GTX670 (from other working system)
  • replaced board for new Z97x-UD3H-BK
  • multiple fresh installs (also latest MB / UB / OSX 10.10.0)

I keep getting those random freezes... systems stalls....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Console is not giving me any useful information (no errors).

All help would be very very welcome!!!

i have the same issue with the "ga z97x ud3h" same cpu, ram and graphic.
i installed freezefix.app and i had not that much freezes but its still every 20-60 minutes
maybe freezefix works for you?!

ive read a lot of issues with ram, but i underdstood nothing

maybe some one else know how to fix that.

Hi,

there was another guy with this error some days ago. His VT-d was enabled in BIOS after an update to a newer version. Maybe it's the same solution.

Good luck!

Yes it seems that a lot of the newer Gigabyte motherboard series have freezing issues :(

I solved my freezing problem by simply going to the bios and choosing best profile for stability for memory. There is a drop-down somewhere in my bios that says default, best performance, best stability. On maverick I had increased my voltage by.1, but with Yosemite I let the bios to the work. Hasn't frozen once since.

Will try that tomorrow, but the strange part is that I never overclocked anything in my rig - no cpu, no ram and no gpu! But maybe it works and then I have 2 hackintoshes :)

Well I've got the board Z97x-UD3H; i7-4790k; Gtx 770
And I had a great Fight with these random freezes for three days and nights:)
So when I was close to suicide I just fell on my knees and stopped doing everything. I didn't talk anymore; didn't think... didn't even cry because of that awful deep pain inside of me... didn't call mummy because I knew that she had known nothing about pc; windows, hackintosh - even she had never seen mac! It was supposed to be the end...
But conservatism was the reason;
I tried new Clover:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I understand absolutely nothing in this guide - i just copied these mistical steps. And now the winner in this Great Fight with these ****ing freezez is the author of this post that is full of hope and happiness :)

Well I've got the board Z97x-UD3H; i7-4790k; Gtx 770
And I had a great Fight with these random freezes for three days and nights:)
So when I was close to suicide I just fell on my knees and stopped doing everything. I didn't talk anymore; didn't think... didn't even cry because of that awful deep pain inside of me... didn't call mummy because I knew that she had known nothing about pc; windows, hackintosh - even she had never seen mac! It was supposed to be the end...
But conservatism was the reason;
I tried new Clover:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I understand absolutely nothing in this guide - i just copied these mistical steps. And now the winner in this Great Fight with these ****ing freezez is the author of this post that is full of hope and happiness :)
I'll give you big props! I have installed Clover, (using maxmem=1024 to prevent any possible freeze during the install), added the necessary kexts (Realtek ethernet, Fakesmc and Nullcpupowermanagement) and it works without a hitch now on my Z97-HD3. If you want to directly install the sound (ie. if you haven't done it before), add the ALC887 kext as well
To everyone: If you are using a recent Gigabyte motherboard, USE CLOVER!!!! Even if you don't use UEFI, you can still install it to your Mac drive and it will (dual)boot fine!

Edit: It seems that the system is still not stable. It does not freeze during boot or light use, but when using iMovie i have gotten multiple random reboots WITHOUT kernel panic. The mouse froze for 2 secs and the system was restarting itself out of nowhere. Under Windows I do not get this issue even when playing games for extended time so it is not a hardware issue. What is causing this random reboots? Graphics card? Usb devices? Cpu? Ram? I don't know. Can you guys help me for once?

After a brief holiday from this frustrating build, I decided to give it one more go. I read all your posts (and others) and did the following:
  • checked BIOS: VT-d - disabled / WOL - disabled / XMP Profile 1 (for now with Normal - not enhanced - stability)
  • removed GTX760 to make sure it's not the graphic card causing the panic
  • only used 1 stick DDR3

UniBeast install went kinda smooth. OS X 10.10.1 / UB 5.02 / MB 7.02
Installed MultiBeast kexts one at a time, using KextUtility in between. Keeping it very basic.
After a few hours... system froze again.

(BTW: I updated my Z77X-system to Yosemite with success, it's great)

Next thing I'll do is try (again) with Enhanced Stability setting in Bios.

Other thing I want to try is to replace my PSU. Now using a BeQuiet DarkPowerPro 10, which is compliant to Haswell. But I'll see if a Corsair RM650 will do a better job.

After this I'm out of options I think?
Start fresh with Clover, yes, but still: it should be possible to be successful with Z97X with Chimera??

@fromdemo: I feel / felt the same way. :banghead:

@headsh0t95: I will use Clover later on. But your last post worried me. You still have freezes / reboots?

Still, all help / advice is very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back