Contribute
Register

Random Constant Freezing on new Hackintosh z87x-Ud5h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I changed the ram, still had problems. Tried isolating if it was one problem stick, changing every obscure timing and latency setting in the bios.....still problems. Then I changed the board, thought it was solved, still had problems. What ended up totally fixing it was switching to Clover. Like, I was having all sorts of freezing issues again right before upgrading to El Capitan. Obviously, it forced all of us to switch to Clover from the previous Unibeast/Multibeast combo. Not a single problem since. Not one.

At this point, I have tried so many things that I can't say with certainty what did it. Maybe I DID have a bad stick of ram initially. But I doubt that because the behaviour continued when I got new ram. Maybe I DID have a bad motherboard initially, but it eventually came back when I switched from Gigabyte to Asus. But the switch to Clover has totally killed the freezing problem.

Guys, I've been struggling with this issue for about 3 months. I have GA-Z87X-UD5H, 4x8GB Patriot memory, EVGA GTX 1080ti and I tried literally everything mentioned in other posts. Nothing helped. I was still having random reboots, with no particular pattern, couple times a day. What fixed my problem was updating my motherboard's bios from F9 to F10e. My bios must have been corrupted because I also noticed that I couldn't get to BIOS settings by pressing DEL key, as often as I used to be before. No crashes whatsoever now! I hope this tip helps someone out there who has similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back