Contribute
Register

Random black screens using RX560 + 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single monitor connected over Displayport.

First test - fail.

No additional kexts, unticked inject intel. Worked ok until system hang (screen freeze). Didn't like sleep. ~80k in Geekbench OpenCL. Approx 7hr uptime.

Second test - fail.
RadeonDeInit ticked. Worked ok until black screen when opening FCPX (streaming music continued to play) which would not come back until hard reset. Sleep working. ~80k in Geekbench OpenCL.

Third test - in progress.

Belated update. Couldn't get it to work stable, gave up in frustration, sold RX560 and went back to HD4000 which is rock solid. Got the RX560 for video editing, but don't have the time to do at the moment so no massive loss. Will re-assess after Mojave and see what my requirements are and what is supported. My HP 8300 is doing well otherwise.

Recently, AMD H264 GVA encoder not work propertly, some Apps like FCPX and QuickTime, exporting video as H264 may cause system freeze, need remove dummy injection “IOGVACodec” sting “AMDU7V4” from IOKitPersonalities > AMDBaffinGraphicsAccelerator > within FakeSMC info.plist.

phrozenpenguin did you try this?

phrozenpenguin did you try this?
Nope. I bought the RX560 because it was meant to be OOB supported - not to spend days tweaking various settings, of which there are lots of combinations. It may have been the card I got, it might have been my lack of ability, but it didn't work for me. I'm back happy with the "old" hackintosh which is working great. 17 days uptime at the moment and I think the last reboot was for the 10.13.5 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back