Contribute
Register

Ram Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tested them I tried them both on each white slot and they passed both times.

I ended up RMA'ing them so hopefully it will work out in the end :)

Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it.

Let us know how it goes Shelby, I'm in pretty much in the same boat except my ram is

2 Corsair 4GB XMS3 Cas7 dual channel kits.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-XMS3-Chan ... 69&sr=8-12

I'm still trying to determine if its the RAM or the motherboard. I've been running tests all day to see if I can narrow it down. One thing I haven't tried is setting the voltage manually, it's all been set to auto.

shinew said:
2) I wouldn't undervolt the RAM to 1.3. Just because it worked for Lnx2Mac doesn't mean it'll work for you. 1.35v is what G.Skill specified for the ECO Series and that's what you should manually set it to, as well as the CAS Latency(it's 9-9-9-24-2N isn't it?). If the MB doesn't have 1.35, then 1.4v. Only after it has passed memtest in those settings, then you can try to lower the voltage should you choose to.
The idea was not to undervolt... But the BIOS used to add 0.05V to the specified value.
Hence 1.3V yielded 1.35V.
As for CL values, these are properly set by selecting XMP.

@lnx2mac

How can you tell if it adds the .05 volts still?

I should have my new ram in a few days, currently running a single stick of Corsair cheapy stuff.

So I received my ram back from Newegg and I ran Memtest all night no errors :)

It also went through the initial testing on Prime 95 and Intel Burn Test so I think it's going well.

I have the voltage set at 1.4 which my system ramps up to 1.44 do you think I should change it to 1.3 and let it ramp it up to 1.34?

Timing set at:

Any other thoughts?

Shelby said:
So I received my ram back from Newegg and I ran Memtest all night no errors :)
:thumbup:

I have the voltage set at 1.4 which my system ramps up to 1.44 do you think I should change it to 1.3 and let it ramp it up to 1.34?
Not really need to, but if it runs stable at 1.34V, why not ?

I'm also having this issue where I'll test each stick individually :confused: - I have 2 X 2GB - and they'll both run without problems. But as soon as I run them together I'll get errors all over the place. Sometimes I'll run into KP's now and then, but ever since I installed the second stick I feel... no, I know I've been getting them like every five minutes. I've since removed one of the RAM sticks, and so far so good. Would it be wise for me to RMA my memory also? Or could there be something else attributed to the KP's?

KushKrime said:
I'm also having this issue where I'll test each stick individually :confused: - I have 2 X 2GB - and they'll both run without problems. But as soon as I run them together I'll get errors all over the place. Sometimes I'll run into KP's now and then, but ever since I installed the second stick I feel... no, I know I've been getting them like every five minutes. I've since removed one of the RAM sticks, and so far so good. Would it be wise for me to RMA my memory also? Or could there be something else attributed to the KP's?
Run them individually and together under memtest+

After my experience I would personally RMA them, but first do as Macman said and test each stick in both slots individually to see if you only have to RMA one of them.

You can follow Notshy's guide to testing which is what I'm doing now with my new ram.

It's smart to test them first so you don't have to invest in more ram or have your computer down for a week while the RMA process is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back