intel hd 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Which is the best practice?

Follow the buyers guide or buy a Qualified Vendor memory from the QVL of Motherboards?

I would like to buy this memory https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-32gtz that is in the mobo QVL but not in the recommendations of tonymac

G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB for MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC

I would like to know a definitive answer to this too. I've seen posts by forum members here saying that any memory supported by your motherboard will work, but if that's the case then the buying guide only offering a fairly short list seems a little odd.

I would like to know a definitive answer to this too. I've seen posts by forum members here saying that any memory supported by your motherboard will work, but if that's the case then the buying guide only offering a fairly short list seems a little odd.

Look at the below post. This guy made an awesome missile :)

He has selected the QVL memory and he mention "Initially, I used 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64 GB Kit (128GB). However I faced stability issues with this memory type not specified for the ASUS X99-A II"

The perfect Customac-Pro build: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, GTX 980 TI

Hi everyone,

so is there a resume to this question?
As a total noob I'm looking for exact the same answer as you for a few hours now, but did not found a general statement, yet.

Since there are so many users in this forum using higher ticking RAM than in the Buyer's guide 2400MHz I just can guess that as long as your RAM is compatible to your mainboard there may be a chance it will work? :shifty:

Can someone clarify that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back