Contribute
Register

Ralink RT2870 chipset USB Dongle wifi on 10.10 Yosemite ---->SOLVED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna give this a shot with my Belkin F6D4050 v2 which has the RT2870 chipset.

cant seem to work this and ive got a similar belkin to the first few guys

I got my Edimax 7711utn wifi dongle to work with BearExtender's drivers. Great!!!

Thank you it worked! Is it possibile to hide the utility at the startup? I select hide in account settings but it doesn't work.

Tried several workarounds with AppleScript. None of them worked. Somehow it is impossible to get to the window and tell it to hide itself. Bummer!!

Hello guys.

I have Asus USB-N13. Installed kext and panel. Internet works fine. But App Store does not work. I think, because this adapter not marked as "built in".
How i can mark it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 13.23.16.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 13.23.16.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 389
Does not work with my
trendnet tew 806ubh

installed it then an icon appeared on the top. But i cant go to its preferences
Icon in app folder does not open

am I missing something?

Hi guys

Im really hoping someone can help me

I used the bear extended drivers to get my LB-Link (Black) usb n wireless working flawlessly on my mac pro (yosemite - efi 32) but then like a complete tool i changed the channel on the sky router as i was concerned about interference.

Now i can't get the bloody thing to connect all , i get is a red box with a yellow tick instead of green when i say activate or connect in WPS, sometimes whilst playing about ill get a green tick but it doesn't last or network appears orange in prefs.

Also i uninstalled the kext and Rai family extension but still no joy , i think it has something to do with the fact that it remembers the wps profile and I'm not sure where this medialink stores that info.

Any help would be much appreciated guys I'm really fed up screwing with a £2 usb !

thanks

G

Edimax EW-7711UAn is working with the Driver BearExtender-5.4 ( BearExtender-5.4.dmg ) on Yosemite 10.10.5 !
Thanks

Hey All! Super old thread... Hoping for a bit of help! Is anybody having any system crashes with this BearExtender driver?

My system has been crashing randomly for years. After finally digging in, I'm seeing the error reports point to the Ralink wireless utility. Here's the detail:

com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver (4.2.9)

System:
Mac Pro 1,1 running Yosemite OS 10.10
Using version 5.4 of the driver

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back