Graphics
None yet!
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The new Vega cards release on August 14th. How likely is it that these cards will be supported on Sierra / High Sierra? Do radeon cards work with adobe premiere pro?

That's what I thought, so looks like I'm waiting on my build until High Sierra is released.

That's what I thought, so looks like I'm waiting on my build until High Sierra is released.
Hi everyone

Not bragging at all coz I'm a relative newbie, but I had the feeling that Vega would be the "answer" for a long time now, and mentioned my thoughts in earlier posts - so I'm a hopeful that RX 56/64 will work with little or no mods.

However, what I don't know and what I'm really interested in is will in work without a "host" graphics adapter and boot straight to a single monitor? I have my system in a smart bedroom and my Apple Keyboard, Magic Mouse and LG screen are all white and silver to match the bedroom and hence keep the wife happy!

But I have to have a 10" LCD screen in a desk drawer to boot from and dual boot to windows !!! It's just a real pain!

On another issue there's also another keyboard and mouse in the same drawer as when I connect my Apple KB and Mouse to MacOS its no longer recognised in windows and vice versa so I need this keyboard/mouse to get round this and enable the wireless in each OS. Thoughts?

Hi everyone

Not bragging at all coz I'm a relative newbie, but I had the feeling that Vega would be the "answer" for a long time now, and mentioned my thoughts in earlier posts - so I'm a hopeful that RX 56/64 will work with little or no mods.

However, what I don't know and what I'm really interested in is will in work without a "host" graphics adapter and boot straight to a single monitor? I have my system in a smart bedroom and my Apple Keyboard, Magic Mouse and LG screen are all white and silver to match the bedroom and hence keep the wife happy!

But I have to have a 10" LCD screen in a desk drawer to boot from and dual boot to windows !!! It's just a real pain!

On another issue there's also another keyboard and mouse in the same drawer as when I connect my Apple KB and Mouse to MacOS its no longer recognised in windows and vice versa so I need this keyboard/mouse to get round this and enable the wireless in each OS. Thoughts?

RX Vega Frontier Edition works without any mods or igpu. It boots without any issues or black screen. its supported out of the box in high Sierra and support should improve on final release. Since Vega is confirmed for imac pro which doesnt have any igpu and uses vega as the primary card it is true replacement.

That's awesome to hear! Performance tests I've seen so far put it close to a 1080 card and it costs half as much. Might not stack up completely against a 1080 ti monster, but for the price and out-of-box support it seems like a great choice.

That's awesome to hear! Performance tests I've seen so far put it close to a 1080 card and it costs half as much. Might not stack up completely against a 1080 ti monster, but for the price and out-of-box support it seems like a great choice.

Support keeps getting better, this is 13.2 beta benchmarks.

13.2 benches.png

What about the Vega 56 ? Is that supported equally well in High Sierra ? Does the specific brand make any difference ? i.e. is it best to go with Sapphire ?

https://www.pcworld.com/article/323...amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-vega-64-sale-price.html

I've tested a Gigabyte and a Saphire both 64 cards. The 56 should work well, but it has a few less compute units. Someone mentioned flashing a 56 to the 64 bios but I haven't seen any results or benches in High Sierra yet for it. In fact I haven't seen any 56 HS benches to compare to 64 version.

The AMD1000Controllerkext has about 5 IDs so I'm sure the 56 will work, just waiting for results or benches.

I've tested a Gigabyte and a Saphire both 64 cards. The 56 should work well, but it has a few less compute units. Someone mentioned flashing a 56 to the 64 bios but I haven't seen any results or benches in High Sierra yet for it. In fact I haven't seen any 56 HS benches to compare to 64 version.

The AMD1000Controllerkext has about 5 IDs so I'm sure the 56 will work, just waiting for results or benches.

Very good news for FCP X users. An affodable I7-8700K build with 6 cores and an RX64 would be an amazing system for not a lot of cash. Apple has stated a price of over 5,000 USD fore the entry level iMac Pro coming in December.

Do you think Apple will use both variants in the new iMac Pro ? Or will they use AMD custom designed cards made just for Apple and the iMac Pro ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back