Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further update: the setting that sounds most similar on my board is EHCI Hand-off.

I have tried booting with this both enabled and disabled.

I have also tried injecting latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts, as recommended.

So far no luck...

Hey peeps, this is a patch you can use instead of changing your system definition, maybe a mod could make this stickied to the front of the thread:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>       
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
        <key>Find</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
        </data>
        <key>Name</key>
        <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
        <key>Replace</key>
        <data>
        Ym9hcmQtaXg=
        </data>
</dict>
</array>

Hello I'm pretty new to Hackintosh world, this is my first Hackintosh.

MB: GA-X38-DS5
CPU: Q9450
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB.

I have working system with mac OS Sierra.

In Sierra everything works great with RX 580 but in Mojave + RX580 couldn´t even get installer to work. (using HDMI port)

I found by reading forum post here that DP port should work.

After I plugged DP->HDMI adapter I was able to install Mojave.
After install when comes phase where to add account info (name, password etc.) I get black screen with cursor.

Only way to boot in to Mojave is to use safe mode.

I have tried with LILU + WEG and without WEG and have tried some patches from different forum post according to RX 580, but so far nothing have worked for me.

I tried frame buffer Orinoco, Ports = 5 and patch from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/page-4#post-1906898

But still getting black screen and cursor after apple logo.

I noticed after Orinoco, Ports = 5 + patch I can use also HDMI port now, but can't get past black screen + cursor after apple logo.

I took screenshot in safe mode for information.

I don't know what to try next.
I would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• trengo_imac.ioreg.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • trengo_mojave.png
    trengo_mojave.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 62
  • trengo_EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Hello,

I am using Hackintosh from 10.6.8. Recently my existing Sapphire RX 290X dead. So, I bought Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB.

MB: P8P67 Pro
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB

Now, I am using Mojave.

I have tried with LILU + WEG and without WEG and have tried some patches from different forum post according to RX 580, but so far nothing has worked for me.

I tried frame buffer Orinoco, Ports = 5 and patch from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/page-4#post-1906898

But still getting a black screen after the apple logo.

I have one old GPU, Nvidia 8400 GS, I was able to boot with it, but it is only rendering at 1024 by 768px. If I put both the graphic cards, I am getting a black screen.

I am using EFI folder from https://github.com/rafaelmaeuer/Asus-P8P67Pro-Hackintosh which matches most of the config except GPU. I modified a little bit as per the experiments.

I attached EFI along with the dump.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 81
Hello,

I am using Hackintosh from 10.6.8. Recently my existing Sapphire RX 290X dead. So, I bought Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB.

MB: P8P67 Pro
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB

Now, I am using Mojave.

I have tried with LILU + WEG and without WEG and have tried some patches from different forum post according to RX 580, but so far nothing has worked for me.

But still getting a black screen after the apple logo.

I have one old GPU, Nvidia 8400 GS, I was able to boot with it, but it is only rendering at 1024 by 768px. If I put both the graphic cards, I am getting a black screen.

I am using EFI folder from https://github.com/rafaelmaeuer/Asus-P8P67Pro-Hackintosh which matches most of the config except GPU. I modified a little bit as per the experiments.

I attached EFI along with the dump.

RX 580 only has drivers in Sierra 10.12 and up to Catalina 10.15.
There is no support in earlier software.

Edit: I see you have updated to Mojave. Are you injecting ATI?

Hello I'm pretty new to Hackintosh world, this is my first Hackintosh.

MB: GA-X38-DS5
CPU: Q9450
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB.

I have working system with mac OS Sierra.

In Sierra everything works great with RX 580 but in Mojave + RX580 couldn´t even get installer to work. (using HDMI port)

I found by reading forum post here that DP port should work.

After I plugged DP->HDMI adapter I was able to install Mojave.
After install when comes phase where to add account info (name, password etc.) I get black screen with cursor.

Only way to boot in to Mojave is to use safe mode.

I have tried with LILU + WEG and without WEG and have tried some patches from different forum post according to RX 580, but so far nothing have worked for me.

But still getting black screen and cursor after apple logo.

I noticed after Orinoco, Ports = 5 + patch I can use also HDMI port now, but can't get past black screen + cursor after apple logo.

I took screenshot in safe mode for information.

I used boot flag debug=0x100, now instead of black screen i got this.
Maybe here some info what I could try next?

Attachments

• trengo_verbose.jpg
    trengo_verbose.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Maybe here some info what I could try next?

Any information relevant to diagnosis of the problem has scrolled off the top of the screen. You should video the boot process and extract the frame(s) showing the kernel panic to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back