Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scottkendall thanks for sharing. Being we have the same MB & CPU, I gave it a try. I just used the config.plist as the rest of the EFI is almost identical. I did have an issue up front, when waking up from sleep I can no longer play video and lost sound (though I was looking for sound on the video that didn't play).

Right now, I'm running 13,1 and other than freeze if I go into System Pref -> Desktop & screen, no other issues (yet). I can use preview for JPGs.

Almost identical is not identical, and I have FakeSMC and intelmausiearthernet, in clover/kexts/other. If you have anything else that could have been causing your issues. Anyways I use external sound, and video will not play if you do not have sound.

As for the freeze going to the desktop & screen saver likely has something to do with your profile create a new profile and that part should be fixed.

just noticed that my 13,1 might be working but MY motherboard's lights stay on when sleeping..... (yes fans stop)

Not sure why your Motherboard lights stay on mine turn off @ sleep but my memory lights stay on. Before they all used to turn off but the board lights would stay on when I powered the system down, they do not any more. I think this had to do with the fix shutdown option that I no longer have checked in clover. I figured this was a fair trade and the lights on the memory do not bug me, actually lets me know the system is sleeping and not just off.

Can you guys check if you have hardware encoding with The 580 ? It is good to know that if you use a smbios and change the board id with for example a 14,2 board id (so you have 2 ids combined) hardware decoding/encoding is impossible.

Last edited:
tried 13,1 / 14,2 / 18,2 / 18,3 with 14,2 board-ID, with and without lilu/wg, nothing seems to work
iGPU is set to 'only when no PEG'
@markmac 6,1 is a macbook? i'll give that a try later
@Pavo i uploaded my EFI folder and the exported system specs
Is this for your system specs that in your profile? The Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with a i5 2320? I will look at your EFI folder and see what I can see.

UPDATE:
Ok found a ton of issues with this config, like I don't even know how you were able to even boot with this ton of issues. Try this EFI.

Attachments

• Kallator_EFI.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Is this for your system specs that in your profile? The Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with a i5 2320? I will look at your EFI folder and see what I can see.
UPDATE:
Ok found a ton of issues with this config, like I don't even know how you were able to even boot with this ton of issues. Try this EFI.

Yes, these are my system specs, the machine is quiet old i'm afraid. Had a lot of issues in the past, switching from chameleon to clover, no sound, trying UEFI until i found out my board does not support that, unable to connect 2nd harddisk with HS, and so on...

Will give your EFI a try on sunday, thank you in advance!

[UPDATE] @Pavo : Tried to start your EFI from USB, but Clover boot menu does not show my SATA drives :(

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am on Mojave beta 7, been upgrading since beta4 through the Apple software update. (I moved from High Sierra to Mojave Beta4)

My build is based on an RX580 to which I have three monitors attached. Two LG 27UK600 and one Dell2007WFP.
I acquired the two LG this week and reorganized my setup. To test I tried the display port cable on both the RX580 and the LG monitors. It seems to have been OK as in picture is displayed and everything is fine. At that time, my Dell monitor was in landscape.

Middle of the week, I setup everything and unfortunately I am missing a displayport cable that is long enough to keep my two LG on displayport to displayport cables.

Right now I have:
1 x LG 27UK600 in landscape mode on displayport-to-displayport cable setup as the primary/main monitor
1 x LG 27UK600 in landscape mode on hdmi-to-hdmi cable
1 x Dell 2007WFP in portrait mode on DVI-to-DVI cable

What works:
The LG on displayport cable always works on boot, after wake up no issue.
The LG on HDMI worked initially but does not display anything anymore although it is seen under the display arrangement windows as seen below

In this scenario, the monitor on the left is the LG on HDMI, the one in the center is the LG on DP and the one on the right hand side is the Dell in portrait mode.

The Dell in portrait mode is the reason of my question as although it shows as in portrait mode in the system above, the orientation of the window is landscape. The weirdest part is that the actual objects in the UI react as in portrait mode so there is a 90-degree different between the object (like the Finder window) and the way the actual Finder window is represented.
When I changed the rotation (using the keyboard to navigate the Display settings window as it is really hard to select the right object with the mismatch of rendered window on the screen and objects in portrait mode, I can get the monitor back to showing the UI in portrait mode however after reboot it comes back to this.

I am curious to see if anybody has faced the blank screen issue on an RX580 despite the monitor showing in system preferences and whether anybody has seen this weird portrait mode issue as well.

About to give up on this one, no matter what i choose in config either crashes the system or has no effect at all, maybe my mb is finally too old or i'm too stupid after all :thumbdown

Is ther anyone out there using a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with a metal-compatible graphics card?

About to give up on this one, no matter what i choose in config either crashes the system or has no effect at all, maybe my mb is finally too old or i'm too stupid after all :thumbdown

Is ther anyone out there using a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with a metal-compatible graphics card?

Did you try the Mac Pro SM's any of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back