Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 580 Sapphire 8GB Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you try a different port on the card or have you?
I have only one HDMI port on the card. I didnt test with DP and DVI which I dont have these cables :(

I have only one HDMI port on the card. I didnt test with DP and DVI which I dont have these cables :(

I meant the DVI and the DisplayPort but as you have stated you do not have a cord for those. If I have time later this evening I Have a Asus Rog RX 560 sitting on a shelf at home I will test it in my rig and see if the HDMI port works. I do not remember if the DP and the HDMI worked OB or if I needed whatevergreen.

SSDT's with this patch now everything is working;

Code:
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: BA050000 00
Replace: BA000000 00
Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal

Try this one, make sure to remove all patches in Clover config related to GPU, no renames or any kind of patches.

Code:

OK added that ssdt in and tried setting above via clover.

System is booting ok via hdmi so I know that the changes have not crashed it but still won't work under display port. Sorry its my display port out not mini dsp.

On the bright side I have got the audio working by changing layout to id2 but still no usb 3.

Any more ideas on the display port ??

The SysDef 17,1 is probably your problem. I was using 18,3 on MyHero II but lost the 580's DP ports when I updated to 10.13.4. So, one user discovered by switching to 14,2 (using MultiBeast) his black screen was fixed which I successfully did, too. So, since I've not tried Mojave, yet, I can't tell you how to change your SysDef but try 14,2.

So tried this via clover and changed to 14,2 and booting works fine on DP port. Is there any downside to staying on 14,2 over trying to sort out getting it to work on 17,2 ??

Still no luck on usb 3 yet either.

Code:

Could you share your clover folder I would be interested in having a play with it.

Code:

@telepati
I have similar problems and setup....new to this, but could you give me a dummies guide to how you patched your SSDT?
I did some searching, but got confused with all I read. Thanks.

So tried this via clover and changed to 14,2 and booting works fine on DP port. Is there any downside to staying on 14,2 over trying to sort out getting it to work on 17,2 ??

The iMac14,2 System Defintions is one of the best working SysDef's we've found. Use it until something doesn't work. :thumbup:

@telepati
I have similar problems and setup....new to this, but could you give me a dummies guide to how you patched your SSDT?
I did some searching, but got confused with all I read. Thanks.

I am not capable of the patch SSDT. Pavo is the expert of this.

Pavo says this is the correct patch for disabling board-id;

Code:
Find: 48 8D 35 AA 34
Replace: 0F 1F 80 00 00
Comment: Disable board-id check

Last edited:

Could you boot into Clover boot menu, hit F4 and then boot into macOS like normal, upload your entire EFI folder please. I will see what I can come up with to fix all your issues, including USB 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back