Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well that makes me feel better, and worst at the same time so what am I doing wrong now, I wonder.
I don't know if the mobo counts... but that's strange! Do you have the iGPU active? Are you using Whathevergreen or other methods? Try the bench just after boot, is it the same? I had this problem in the past where the performance of teh card was dropping after some time...

All,

I never had any luck with my XFX RX 560 4GB card that I had to flash with the Sapphire Pulse ROM. I would get random freezes and I feel like it had to do with core or voltage differences between the two cards. The PC would even freeze in Win10 running a Cinebench test.

I just ended up breaking down and purchasing a MSI - ARMOR MK2 8G OC AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB card. This working like a charm and does not freeze like the 560 did when running a Cinebench test.

I honestly tried to avoid buying another card but now wish I had just bought this 570 from the start. Would have saved me a lot of frustration and money.

Dora

All,

I never had any luck with my XFX RX 560 4GB card that I had to flash with the Sapphire Pulse ROM. I would get random freezes and I feel like it had to do with core or voltage differences between the two cards. The PC would even freeze in Win10 running a Cinebench test.

I just ended up breaking down and purchasing a MSI - ARMOR MK2 8G OC AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB card. This working like a charm and does not freeze like the 560 did when running a Cinebench test.

I honestly tried to avoid buying another card but now wish I had just bought this 570 from the start. Would have saved me a lot of frustration and money.

Dora

XFX vBIOS doesn't work, I flashed my 2nd Hackintosh to Sapphire Pulse OC 4GB and it works perfect.

You have to use the command line tool, not the atiflash.exe app.

Hello everyone.
I am working on Asus RX 560 4G evo with 4. AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch.
(I connect two displays to DP and HDMI.I can not use DP and HDMI audio)
After the security update of 10.13.4, somehow it was blacked out after boot.
Now it works fine with Inject ATI in config.plist and 4. AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch.
(If only Inject ATI in config.plist, the second display connected to HDMI does not work.)
I will report it.

XFX vBIOS doesn't work, I flashed my 2nd Hackintosh to Sapphire Pulse OC 4GB and it works perfect.

You have to use the command line tool, not the atiflash.exe app.

That is the vBIOS and I had to use the command line tool to force the flash. I however bought the lower specked XFX RX 560 card and there was actually a closer specced version available I should have bought in hind sight. Again, after flashing it I could work but I really should have done a little more homework before I purchased the “cheaper” RX 560 card.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dora

Hello everyone.
I am working on Asus RX 560 4G evo with 4. AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch.
(I connect two displays to DP and HDMI.I can not use DP and HDMI audio)
After the security update of 10.13.4, somehow it was blacked out after boot.
Now it works fine with Inject ATI in config.plist and 4. AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch.
(If only Inject ATI in config.plist, the second display connected to HDMI does not work.)
I will report it.
It happened to me as well but just the first boot after the update was on black screen. I then rebooted using a VNC connection and now it works fine, no black screen...Inject ATI is not needed, just the patch. At least this is true on my computer

That is the vBIOS and I had to use the command line tool to force the flash. I however bought the lower specked XFX RX 560 card and there was actually a closer specced version available I should have bought in hind sight. Again, after flashing it I could work but I really should have done a little more homework before I purchased the “cheaper” RX 560 card.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dora

Yeah XFX is known to have issues if you search around.

At the time when High Sierra came out nVidia support was abysmal so I had to rush to a local Best Buy and they only had XFX so I came home and flashed it to Sapphire OC 4GB and it worked perfectly well.

I'm about to get rid of the 2nd Hackintosh and just have 1 (the iMac Pro clone) since it works so well with no issues.

It happened to me as well but just the first boot after the update was on black screen. I then rebooted using a VNC connection and now it works fine, no black screen...Inject ATI is not needed, just the patch. At least this is true on my computer

I tried variously.
3. By disabling board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is good.
Inject ATI could also be removed.

Interestingly I put NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into EFI,
I can remove 3.By disabling board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.
It is very marvelous.
I have no knowledge. I do not know why NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext works.

Hi guys. First post. I just went through a major upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra 10.13.4 using unibeast and multibeast. I decided to do a fresh install. Great decision! I bought myself a new Asus RX 560 4Gb. I know this sounds insane but I literally did nothing but my usual kexts. Nothing in addition to get my gpu working! Recognized it from the very beginning, running two monitors, an Ultrawide from the hdmi port and a 1080p from the dvi port. I have everything working correctly, btw. Running a 4770K and loving it still.

I tried variously.
3. By disabling board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is good.
Inject ATI could also be removed.

Interestingly I put NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into EFI,
I can remove 3.By disabling board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.
It is very marvelous.
I have no knowledge. I do not know why NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext works.
This is strange but I guess NvidiaGraphicsFixup or Whathevergreen do something to fix the black screen issue. But at this point if you're using a Radeon I think it would make more sense to use Whathevergreen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back