Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 560 on 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the 'splaining! I appreciate it. The USB fix... is that the SSDT fix?

Yes. Using SSDT for USB. There are two methods (1) just list the ports that you want enabled in the SSDT or (2) list all the ports on your motherboard, then use "uia_exclude=" to disable ports until 15 or fewer are active.

Attachments

• F96D582C-6021-46D6-980B-91A02F0783B9.jpeg
    F96D582C-6021-46D6-980B-91A02F0783B9.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 47

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.2 MB · Views: 93
Yes. Using SSDT for USB. There are two methods (1) just list the ports that you want enabled in the SSDT or (2) list all the ports on your motherboard, then use "uia_exclude=" to disable ports until 15 or fewer are active.
Ugh. Need more 'splaing. :(

The EFI you provided has nvda_drv 1, is it for Nvidia GPU?

It stucks during boot up

Try this one.

The EFI you provided has nvda_drv 1, is it for Nvidia GPU?

If you don't have an Nvidia GPU, it won't do anything. macOS has Nvidia drivers included too. If you don't have an Nvidia card, they don't do anything either.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 78
Try this one.

If you don't have an Nvidia GPU, it won't do anything. macOS has Nvidia drivers included too. If you don't have an Nvidia card, they don't do anything either.

Thanks a lot! it boots~~

I am trying it, then i will report it to you!

Ugh. Need more 'splaing. :(

• The whole purpose of using SSDT for USB is to bring the total number of USB ports on your motherboard down to 15 or less because that's what macOS expects and when there's more there are errors.
  • By default, Z170-Z370 has 26 ports defined (14 USB2, 10 USB3, and 2 USR).
  • All those ports are defined even if they are not all used on a motherboard.
  • There are two methods to bring the total port count to 15 or less.
    • First method is to use SSDT to ONLY define 15 ports or less.
    • Second method is to use SSDT to define ALL the ports, then use a flag in config.plist to exclude enough ports to bring total count to 15 or less.

• The whole purpose of using SSDT for USB is to bring the total number of USB ports on your motherboard down to 15 or less because that's what macOS expects and when there's more there are errors.
  • By default, Z170-Z370 has 26 ports defined (14 USB2, 10 USB3, and 2 USR).
  • All those ports are defined even if they are not all used on a motherboard.
  • There are two methods to bring the total port count to 15 or less.
    • First method is to use SSDT to ONLY define 15 ports or less.
    • Second method is to use SSDT to define ALL the ports, then use a flag in config.plist to exclude enough ports to bring total count to 15 or less.
Coffee, tomorrow morning after sleep tonight. May the force be with me.

Coffee, tomorrow morning after sleep tonight. May the force be with me.

I want to add that I prefer the define all the ports and then exclude in config.plist because it's much easier to make changes later on if I need to.

The other way would require that I redo the SSDT to make any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back