Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Shuhun for your input. I usually render H.264. Hope green artifacts will disappear in the next update for RX 580.

Unless you have old playback devices which did not support HEVC format, why not use HEVC instead of H264 for video rendering, from 10.14.4 beta1 up, AMD HEVC rendering is faster than Intel H264 rendering on FCPX + Compressor.

See attached pngs, AMD VCE vs Intel QSV comparison, FCPX + Compressor + 1 video effect (gamma correction), more video effects, different will be larger.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 19.51.55.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 19.51.55.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 20.24.39.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 20.24.39.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi all,

I upgraded to RX 580 and mojave yesterday, but am unable to get HW decoding to work.

I've read through the many pages here (several times), and tried many of the combinations that people have reported as successful but I'm still unable to make it happen :(

what would be the most likely combo of SMBIOS / Kexts / clover config to get HW decoding to work and leave DRM in tact?

I'm currently running iMacPro1,1 with no kexts (i have reverted back to the vanilla setup that got me up and running almost flawlessly yesterday, except for this)

Would I be best to sign up for the beta program and try the beta release of 10.14.4?
Do we expect OOTB HW decoding to return for the 580 shortly?

Core i5 3550P (no iGPU)
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

Unless you have old playback devices which did not support HEVC format, why not use HEVC instead of H264 for video rendering, from 10.14.4 beta1 up, AMD HEVC rendering is faster than Intel H264 rendering on FCPX + Compressor.

See attached pngs, AMD VCE vs Intel QSV comparison, FCPX + Compressor + 1 video effect (gamma correction), more video effects, different will be larger.

I have no problem with HVEC format but I render video for YT and I want fast render possible. My question, is HVEC faster than H.264 for 1080p video?

Hi all,

I upgraded to RX 580 and mojave yesterday, but am unable to get HW decoding to work.

I've read through the many pages here (several times), and tried many of the combinations that people have reported as successful but I'm still unable to make it happen :(

what would be the most likely combo of SMBIOS / Kexts / clover config to get HW decoding to work and leave DRM in tact?

I'm currently running iMacPro1,1 with no kexts (i have reverted back to the vanilla setup that got me up and running almost flawlessly yesterday, except for this)

Would I be best to sign up for the beta program and try the beta release of 10.14.4?
Do we expect OOTB HW decoding to return for the 580 shortly?

Core i5 3550P (no iGPU)
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

I’m not an expert but beta version works so well with RX 580. All the features are working so far. Even H.264 encoding works faster and better quality than Intel Quick Sync at least for me. Only downside is that it gives the freaking green artifact. You can try and report back.

[QUOTE = "JohnMcClane, должность: 1926417, участник: 2193688»]
18E220a и зеленые артефакты исчезли.
[/ QUOTE]

Good day! Please send your EFI folder, I will try it for myself. I have a computer configuration like you, but the artifacts remain after the update. Probably something I'm doing wrong with the configuration and kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back