Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up anyone currently on 10.14.4-beta3 (18E194d) and enjoying great stability: I updated to beta4 yesterday and it was a step back again to random freezes I was experiencing in earlier betas. The mouse pointer keeps moving but everything else is completely frozen, and the only solution is to hard reboot.

Luckily I keep Time Machine backups and was able to revert.

Heads up anyone currently on 10.14.4-beta3 (18E194d) and enjoying great stability: I updated to beta4 yesterday and it was a step back again to random freezes I was experiencing in earlier betas. The mouse pointer keeps moving but everything else is completely frozen, and the only solution is to hard reboot.

Luckily I keep Time Machine backups and was able to revert.

Latest beta 18E205e work fine with both RX460 and RX570, only green artifact issue when exporting H264, others OK.

Latest beta 18E205e work fine with both RX460 and RX570, only green artifact issue when exporting H264, others OK.

On my system, the freezings is back if I add the param hwe420 to AppleGVA Info.plist or if I use another SysDef (like iMacPro1,1)

On my system, the freezings is back if I add the param hwe420 to AppleGVA Info.plist or if I use another SysDef (like iMacPro1,1)

Work fine for me with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, faster HEVC transcoding on DaVinci.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 22.19.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 22.19.57.png
    844.6 KB · Views: 128
Anyone with a RX 580 able to get hwe420/iMacPro1,1 working in beta4? Seems like it's specific to that card.

Have you disable ASPM from BIOS, overclock version GPU may sensitive to ASPM, try disable all ASPM support from BIOS, then re-enable it one by one.

Work fine for me with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, faster HEVC transcoding on DaVinci.

Using iMacPro1,1 properties (copying the properties from iMacPro1,1 and paste as iMac15,1) I have no freezes and the green artifacts are gone (they was replaced by glitches).

Have you disable ASPM from BIOS, overclock version GPU may sensitive to ASPM, try disable all ASPM support from BIOS, then re-enable it one by one.
Hmm. It is turned off, or am I not looking for it in the right place? This is top-most level in the BIOS under "Power".

/edit there's also these (IMG_0548.jpg) but not sure that's what you meant.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Hmm. It is turned off, or am I not looking for it in the right place? This is top-most level in the BIOS under "Power".

/edit there's also these (IMG_0548.jpg) but not sure that's what you meant.

Yes, ASPM is disabled.

Pardon my ignorance because a lot of this is new to me but I have some questions. I've been running my hackintosh for over a month now and seems pretty stable. I've checked hardware encoding through MacX video (says YES) and have run the bruceX test among others. My time for export was roughly 15.5 secs which to my knowledge seems normal. However under GPU in MacX video it does not show my gpu. It does however show it under Mac menus and istat. Is this ok?

Now, what else can I do to test if HEVC HW is running as it should? I'm currently only using my RX480 as I haven't been able to get my iGPU to work along with it just yet. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back