Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, are you sure that those are from 10.13.3 because they have the same date and size of those I have on my S/L/E.

I attach here the dummy kext that Shuhung posted here some time ago. You have to put it in kexts/Other. With that I'm able to export H265 from compressor and FCPX.

wow i have a backup of 10.13.3 so i can get it. I attach them below if you need them

Attachments

• Dummy.kext.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 99
Hi, are you sure that those are from 10.13.3 because they have the same date and size of those I have on my S/L/E.

I attach here the dummy kext that Shuhung posted here some time ago. You have to put it in kexts/Other. With that I'm able to export H265 from compressor and FCPX.
Tks. I'm sure ^^ amdx4000.kext with version 1.66.31

Ok. Tried to copy your 10.3.3 kexts and now my system is a mess with very slow refresh and strange colours (see picture)... It's like the graphic drivers were not loaded properly. Tried to copy from my backup didn't work. How can I load the kext in S/L/E ?

Please Help!

Tks. I'm sure ^^ amdx4000.kext with version 1.66.31

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.01.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.01.05.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
Ok. Tried to copy your 10.3.3 kexts and now my system is a mess with very slow refresh and strange colours (see picture)... It's like the graphic drivers were not loaded properly. Tried to copy from my backup didn't work. How can I load the kext in S/L/E ?

Please Help!
you have to use kext utility to install and rebuild cache

Ok thanks! System back again. I still don't understand what happened. How do I load the kext in S/L/E? Tried kextbeast but didn't seem to work.

Anyway I don't know if it's a good idea to go back with old drivers. I don't understand why a native GPU like rx 580 cannot work at full power on my hack and why FCPX hangs so frequently.

you have to use kext utility to install and rebuild cache

Can you give me detailed instructions dummy injection ? thank you

Previous dummy kext for Baffin accelerator only, use attached file for 10.13.3 Ellesmere accelerator.

I don't understand why a native GPU like rx 580 cannot work at full power on my hack and why FCPX hangs so frequently.

IOGVACodec native supported by 10.13.4 AMDEllesmereAccelerator but incompatible with Apps, roll back 10.13.3 kexts should prevent FCPX freeze issue.

Attachments

• Ellesmere.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 107

Seems I was mistaken. The AMDx4000 files that I send you are of 10.13.4. I updated Pc to 10.13.5 and use AMDx4000 of 10.13.4. You can update to 10.13.5 and try again

Previous dummy kext for Baffin accelerator only, use attached file for 10.13.3 Ellesmere accelerator.

IOGVACodec native supported by 10.13.4 AMDEllesmereAccelerator but incompatible with Apps, roll back 10.13.3 kexts should prevent FCPX freeze issue.
I tried and failed. The AMDx4000 kext that I am using is of 10.13.4 (not have to 10.13.3 as I said above, a mistake). In the FCPX there are two lines 8bit and 10bit as attached, I do not know whether hevc is enabled yet?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 12.09.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 12.09.00 PM.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 175
Thanks Shuhung. Are you saying that who has an original iMac with rx 580 has the same problems?

I remember that when I was using iGpu+lilu+We I had full power Gpu (I was with 10.3.1 I think) but sleep/wake up did not work well.
Now I'm going with RX 580 only and sleep/wake works wel, I can export Hevc but some apps like FCPX have problems.
I think we need a new general guide for AMD GPU ;)

Last question: how do I load kext in S/L/E with kext utility?
Thanks!
A.

I remember that when I was using iGpu+lilu+We I had full power Gpu (I was with 10.3.1 I think) but sleep/wake up did not work well.

That's what I still use because it works so well. I edited and exported a simple project to H264 in FCPX 10.3.4 yesterday. Very smooth, export of a 4 minute 1080p movie to h264 1080p took only a minute or so. Nice!

I don't use sleep on my hack, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back