Contribute
Register

Radeon R9 380 4GB on El Capitan (10.11.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB
CPU
i7 3770K @ 3.5 GHz
Graphics
R9 380 Nitro OC 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hello,

i am asking you for some help getting R9 380 to work on 10.11.1.

So far no luck for me, i am using Hackintosh / OSX86 for quite some time now, but i don't have much experience with Clover Bootloader or patching Framebuffers.

This GPU turns out to be quite some pain, i really wonder if there is a solution for this problem yet.

I can get 10.11 and 10.11.1 to boot when enabling iGPU in BIOS and only having DVI connected to iGPU.

When DVI (or any other cable) is connected to Radeon during boot, GUI will freeze when boot process is almost done, but system seems to run fine in background.
It is no problem to connect cable to Radeon after boot, it will just work fine.

But as you can see it is not very comfortable to dis-/reconnect DVI cable on each reboot.

Everything works fine on Yosemite, R9 380 Works OOB there (using Chameleon/Chimera/Clover). Bootloader doesn't seem to make the difference.

So, all i can provide for now is my .rom file from DPCIManager

Link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3800024/1002_6939_e308174b.rom

I am really hoping that you can give me a little help or at least some hint with this.

@Fl0rian

Thanks for the Quick reply, i read the whole thing like 10 times before, but somehow always missed the part for the workaround.

Changed my UEFI Settings to:

CSM Support: Always
Boot Mode Selection: UEFI Only
Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only
Display Boot Option Control: Legacy Only

Now the Display connected to iGPU gives me output while booting, and R9 380 connected Display is working once OS X is fully booted. It's far from what i really want, but i can live/work with that (for now ;) ).

Huge thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

lazybon3

How did you get your bootloader to still work? For me I'm only getting a black screen until the OSX desktop screen appears.

UPDATE: SOLVED!

How did you get your bootloader to still work? For me I'm only getting a black screen until the OSX desktop screen appears.

UPDATE: SOLVED!

Can you elaborate on your solution?

Hey, so I am having a known issue but can't find the work around in your guide. I have an ASUS Radeon R9 380 and am trying to run it on a GA-Z170X-Gaming GT. If I have the IGPU set for default I get the known issue black screen and if I set the 380 to default I am able to get to clover but when trying to boot it gives me GPU Hardware VM is enabled and then freezes. Do you have any ideas? I see you solved it but I only see the third item in my BIOS and not the others. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you shortly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back