Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon Pro W5500 Kernel Panic issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the error in my system.log that occurs when this happens:
Code:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

The system does not reboot snf looks like still running in some way because my bluetooth connection to my headset is still active. The system is unusable though, no display and no remote desktop.
when I have black screens I could hear music (in the airpods) for 5 more seconds and after that it stopped...

I have already tried to contact AMD asking them to share the latest VBIOS. But they do not reply after they asked GPU part number. So far I have replaced it with RX6800XT and W5500 goes in a mining rig, I have no patience to fight with this card...

I have already tried to contact AMD asking them to share the latest VBIOS. But they do not reply after they asked GPU part number. So far I have replaced it with RX6800XT and W5500 goes in a mining rig, I have no patience to fight with this card...
I had it crash in Windows too, just not as frequent as in MacOS. Decided to raise a ticket with AMD and will see how far I will get.. if only the RX6800 was available for a reasonable price :(

I had it crash in Windows too, just not as frequent as in MacOS. Decided to raise a ticket with AMD and will see how far I will get.. if only the RX6800 was available for a reasonable price :(
do you have same issues with AMD Radeon Pro WX4100?

For what it is worth, I never had any black or green screen issue with any Radeon Pro WX4100, 5100, 7100 or 8200 through any connector. (All cards were bought from eBay before the mining craze went on again, and appear to be genuine AMD rather than Dell/HP rebrands.)

do you have same issues with AMD Radeon Pro WX4100?
I did not have any issues with that card. I also did not have issues with the W5500 for months.. If I think about it, and remember correctly it started when I acquired the LG monitor, but it never crossed my mind it could have anything to do with that.

I might be able to test it with another 4K monitor to rule that out. With my Benq monitor I have not seen these issues.

My W5500 will be replaced by AMD. If I have my replacement card I will test if this issue still occurs and report back.
It would also be interesting what VBIOS version will be on your replaced card. Please also share your VBIOS version once you receive a card so we can compare it with ours.

It would also be interesting what VBIOS version will be on your replaced card. Please also share your VBIOS version once you receive a card so we can compare it with ours.

@wvpoeijer also if it happens to be a different vBIOS that would be handy if you could upload it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back