Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon Pro W5500 Kernel Panic issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good. I'll continue to test and cross my fingers
I'll cross my fingers too :).. really hoping this issue can be fixed in some way. I have an LG27UL500 monitor and a Benq PD2500Q. Would really like to keep the 4K display as the main display :).

I'm not sure if I will be able to flash my bios because I have an original AMD card. Still I could submit a ticket with AMD and see if they are of any help.. but I probably will not get far when telling them I only have issues on my hack.

I'll cross my fingers too :).. really hoping this issue can be fixed in some way. I have an LG27UL500 monitor and a Benq PD2500Q. Would really like to keep the 4K display as the main display :).

I'm not sure if I will be able to flash my bios because I have an original AMD card. Still I could submit a ticket with AMD and see if they are of any help.. but I probably will not get far when telling them I only have issues on my hack.

I'm not entirely sure if mine is a AMD or HP variant but I believe it is a AMD one. I got it off eBay for pretty cheap new and the seller wasn't 100%. Yeah I tried submitting a ticket to AMD but didn't get very far either lol. I'm assuming it might happen on real macs too but don't have one to test yet. So far so good though with 113-D3250400-104 and I removed my device-id spoofing to a 5500XT/SSDT. I just wish there was a consistent way to trigger the black screen so it would be easier to test.

@hvintik and @wvpoeijer unfortunately just ran into a green screen back to back before even logging in with 113-D3250400-104 :( Looks like back to the drawing board

@djlild7hina :( sorry to hear that.. I will be working in Windows today and see if it happens there, just to see if it is hardware related.
I also tried setting the DP version on the monitor to 1.2 so it is not recognized as a HDR monitor anymore, but this did not help either.

I can definitely conclude that the issue is related to the LG monitor in combination with MacOS + Radeon Pro W5500. I have been working 3 days in a row without any problems with my LG connected to the internal GPU and my Benq to the W5500. Today I switched the LG to the W5500 and within a few hours the system crashed. Showing a black screen on the LG and a green screen on the Benq monitor.

On Windows this issue did not occur, but it may be still there but les prominent.

I find this very strange :S

This is the error in my system.log that occurs when this happens:
Code:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpGPURestart): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

The system does not reboot snf looks like still running in some way because my bluetooth connection to my headset is still active. The system is unusable though, no display and no remote desktop.

Yeah that is really strange. Idk why a specific monitor would cause issues? Is your Benq also 4K? I'll keep a mkv video open in the background to see if it prevents it

The Benq is a 2K monitor, so it might have something to do with scaling

Yeah possibly I'm changing the scaling to 'Default for Display' to see if it helps any. Usually i make it look like 2560x1440

I can definitely conclude that the issue is related to the LG monitor in combination with MacOS + Radeon Pro W5500. I have been working 3 days in a row without any problems with my LG connected to the internal GPU and my Benq to the W5500. Today I switched the LG to the W5500 and within a few hours the system crashed. Showing a black screen on the LG and a green screen on the Benq monitor.

On Windows this issue did not occur, but it may be still there but les prominent.

I find this very strange :S
I had the same issue on Windows... So I think its gpu board related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back