Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Could you explain more? I managed to run RX460 with noob-tutorials. I don't understand what steps should i do :)

For a 550-560 check your device ID, if it's 0x67FF1002 then you have to add that to the info.plist of the 9500, 9510, or 9520 controller and either the 4000, 4100, 4250 kext as well.

To edit a kext, go to your main drive partition it should have:

Applications
EFI Backups
Library
System
Users

Select "System" then open "library" and scroll to "Extensions" folder. This is commonly referred to as System/Library/Extensions for short or S/L/E.

In the "Extensions" folder scroll down to the AMD9510Controller kext. Right click on it and choose the option "show package contents". A folder will appear called "contents", open it and then drag a copy of the info.plist to desktop. Open the desktop copy with either Xcode or you can use textedit by right clicking and choosing " other" then scroll down in applications folder till you see TextEdit. Select it and open with the app. Scroll down the info.plist until you see 0x67EF1002, and edit that to 0x67FF1002 then hit save and close app. After edit drag the info.plist back to controller folder and make sure to plac it correctly you should get "Authenticate" and "replace" prompts before password prompt. If you only get Authenticate then password hit cancel it's not in the right place. After replacing the info.plist make sure to run Kext wizzard and select the right disk before hitting enter. Reboot.

You need to check the AMD 4100, 4250 kexts, as well, for the ID, and add it if it's not in one of those. The 9500controller uses the 4100 kext, the 9510 the 4150kext, the 9520 the 4250 kext so make sure to edit and add the ID in those two in a matching fashion.

Always run Kext Wizard after edits before reboot.

I have only been able to get dual cards working with Haswell processor. Skylake and newer for some reason do not want to do multi card setup.

Are you using lilu and green kexts?

Not currently, however, I will give it a go... are there any setup tips for using them that you know of ?

Not currently, however, I will give it a go... are there any setup tips for using them that you know of ?

it's just really odd that it will work in SAFE MODE with no issues, but beyond that it isn't.

it's just really odd that it will work in SAFE MODE with no issues, but beyond that it isn't.

Safe mode only loads default graphics drivers there is no acceleration and they don't get metal.

For the lilukext and WhateverGreenkexts they go in Clover Kexts folder 10.12 or Other. If they don't take then maybe add them to System/Library/Extensions folder and run Kext Wizzard before reboot.

Safe mode only loads default graphics drivers there is no acceleration and they don't get metal.

For the lilukext and WhateverGreenkexts they go in Clover Kexts folder 10.12 or Other. If they don't take then maybe add them to System/Library/Extensions folder and run Kext Wizzard before reboot.

Just a follow up Gigamaxx...

Lilu & evergreen installed...internal gfx removed. successful boot with only 1 card. with both enabled, black boot.

it is nice however to not need igfx.

I'm going to look at possible renaming using DSDT and see if that helps any.

Just a follow up Gigamaxx...

Lilu & evergreen installed...internal gfx removed. successful boot with only 1 card. with both enabled, black boot.

it is nice however to not need igfx.

I'm going to look at possible renaming using DSDT and see if that helps any.

I don't know if you can but maybe try cpuid 0x0306A0 the Ivy bridge ID to see if you can fool the OS into non-Skylake/kabylake mode. Maybe add nullcpupowermanaementkext to clover kext folder with FakeSMCkext.

I don't know if you can but maybe try cpuid 0x0306A0 the Ivy bridge ID to see if you can fool the OS into non-Skylake/kabylake mode. Maybe add nullcpupowermanaementkext to clover kext folder with FakeSMCkext.

I'll give it a go in the morning. thanks!

edit:

No go on dual cards. However, I was able to get the latest HSBeta to boot through. (Same result on dual cards, no dice)

Last edited:
Ordered one Sapphire VEGA 56 for msrp price! lets see when I'll receive it!

Ordered one Sapphire VEGA 56 for msrp price! lets see when I'll receive it!
I ordered a XFX Vega 56 from Amazon 4 days ago and still don't have a shipping date. I really hope this card works in my upcoming/first hackintosh build. I've heard mix things with XFX and hackintosh builds.

Back