Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Keep seeing about RX 480 and Fury cards that can be enabled with some heavy confguration/mods.

But will only enable the cores and drivers, but no acceleration.

Does that mean that I can still use the brute force of the GPUs for FCPX, and other openCL apps?

Does no acceleration only impact if you game on Mac?

I have a tip and a question concerning the 280X.
I lived without sleep for a long time (actually my Hackintosh is the one wich didn´t get sleep) because whenever I switched the iGPU to boot first, I had this empty display without any monitor showing up in in my system, which was too annoying to cope with.

Resolution: Select "InjectIntel" in Clover, so OSX may detect that there is no display connected to the internal graphics.
Besides the obvious blind boot, nearly everything works fine including sleep.

(Sorry if this has been extensively discussed before but but I had not been able to google the connection between InjectIntel an the systems ability to detect attached displays.)

Unfortunately I had to find out that it´s not everything that works fine:
FCPX will instantly crash with "InjectIntel"=true.
Is there any possibility to get rid of the "virtual" monitor not connected to the internal graphics without InjectIntel?
Or any other tweak to the internal graphics I didn´t find?

The basic error message with wich FCPX crashes is: "CGLSetVirtualScreen failed"

My System:
ASUS Z97-A
Intel i7-4790k
16GB RAM
Saphhire Radeon 280X

10.11.6 with all patches

I have a tip and a question concerning the 280X.
I lived without sleep for a long time (actually my Hackintosh is the one wich didn´t get sleep) because whenever I switched the iGPU to boot first, I had this empty display without any monitor showing up in in my system, which was too annoying to cope with.

Resolution: Select "InjectIntel" in Clover, so OSX may detect that there is no display connected to the internal graphics.
Besides the obvious blind boot, nearly everything works fine including sleep.

(Sorry if this has been extensively discussed before but but I had not been able to google the connection between InjectIntel an the systems ability to detect attached displays.)

Unfortunately I had to find out that it´s not everything that works fine:
FCPX will instantly crash with "InjectIntel"=true.
Is there any possibility to get rid of the "virtual" monitor not connected to the internal graphics without InjectIntel?
Or any other tweak to the internal graphics I didn´t find?

The basic error message with wich FCPX crashes is: "CGLSetVirtualScreen failed"

My System:
ASUS Z97-A
Intel i7-4790k
16GB RAM
Saphhire Radeon 280X

10.11.6 with all patches

does the inject intel work also for Sierra? did you test this on El Cap?

Any way to get R9 Fury with acceleration on Sierra? I have 1080 HiDPI resolution but not acceleration and the animations have a lot of lag.
I tried with the Netkas solution putting the id but then doesn't boots any more...

I'm still having issues with my R9 280x. I got 5K and signal on all other monitors but I have a mouse stuttering issue.

It just skips every 10 seconds or so. If I move the cursor constantly, i see it skipping to where it should be next.

I'm now on iMac17,1. I've been on MacPro6,1 but the same thing was happening.

Framebuffer is MaguroS and I have the FB patch, yes.

Spoof device ID to R7 360X. If you're using Sierra, you'll most likely have to use iGPU=Primary.

Additionally, since it's an XFX card, you might have to use a different VBIOS. Most of this is covered in the first post of this thread.

I switched to a Gainward GTX 960 2 gigs OC. All works like a charm now. I sold my XFX R7 360 with more profit and bought this card. Thanks for all the help! Your the best.

Back