Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Spoof device ID to 0x665C1002, this is present in AMD8000 as well as X4000.
Florian many thanks I'm going try when I'm at home. But I can't find the Kexts in OSX extensions folder.

Hi All / Fl0r!an,

I'm thinking of buying a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 270X DUAL-X OC (2048 MB) today.

I've been using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4095 MB for a while now but the only heavy work that my Hackintosh does is in FCPX (where performance hasn't been that great) and I've read reviews that the Radeons are much better for this.

Can you please advise if this will be a good choice with minimal setup?

Seems like the only issue could be sleep / wake functionality?

Thanks

I'm using an R9 280x on 10.12.3 which I understand is essentially the same as a 7970. It doesn't wake from sleep, but I also don't get the "boot to black" issue that I've read about and thought I would get moving from El Cap to Sierra. When does boot to black happen?

The system is basically flawless and runs games under Open GL and Metal brilliantly. (El Cap Metal wasn't very good)

I'm using an R9 280x on 10.12.3 which I understand is essentially the same as a 7970. It doesn't wake from sleep, but I also don't get the "boot to black" issue that I've read about and thought I would get moving from El Cap to Sierra. When does boot to black happen?

The system is basically flawless and runs games under Open GL and Metal brilliantly. (El Cap Metal wasn't very good)

Perhaps something odd but try to unplug the cable and plug it back in

what's the fastest AMD GPU that can boot in sierra without iGPU?

currently have an ASUS 280x that can boot without iGPU.

Also have xfx 390 that needs load vbios (ASUS 390 vbios) boot with iGPU.

If i flash the xfx 390 vbios with the asus 390 vbios, will i be able to boot without iGPU?

Very cumbersome to switch between OSX and WIN10 with just 1 monitor and iGPU enabled.

Last edited:
Thanks Florian!

so does this mean all GCN 1.1 cards (290/390 and up) require iGPU to be enabled?

Kuau - even with 280x could not get the sleep to work with iGPU, keeps waking up after a couple of seconds fans ramp up.

Back