Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

All expected kexts are there, so it looks fine to me.

I'm running my Skylake hackintosh with AMD graphics on iMac17,1, but iMac14,2 would also be fine.

@chickeneaterguy: Please update your profile to contain your primary system.
You should be able to leave your iGPU unconfigured in OS X, so it won't interfere (-> Inject/Intel = No, no FakeID or ig-platform-id).

I can't boot with Inject/Intel = No.

I have my kext modified. I have FixDisplay, no FakeID's used at all (tried with 0x67EF1002 for ATI and without it and didn't see any difference), no ig-platform-id, Dayman framebuffer, Inject/ATI = Yes and Inject/Intel = Yes.

I can't boot with Inject/Intel = No.

I have my kext modified. I have FixDisplay, no FakeID's used at all (tried with 0x67EF1002 for ATI and without it and didn't see any difference), no ig-platform-id, Dayman framebuffer, Inject/ATI = Yes and Inject/Intel = Yes.
That's strange, my Skylake machine works perfectly fine with Inject/Intel = No and iGPU=Primary.

You could try injecting a random FakeID, so the macOS driver won't attach to the iGPU.

That's strange, my Skylake machine works perfectly fine with Inject/Intel = No and iGPU=Primary.

You could try injecting a random FakeID, so the macOS driver won't attach to the iGPU.

When using Inject/Intel = No, this is what I get:
http://imgur.com/a/iioJJ

Using a random FakeID for IntelGFX gave me Ø (closest thing to the "No" symbol) when using Inject/Intel = No. When using Inject/Intel = Yes with it, I booted but it behaves the same as it did without the FakeID.

This may be a dumb question, but the iGPU=Primary is JUST in the UEFI, right?

Attached is my config.plist. I think the only thing atypical about it is the kext patches for my nvme ssd, but everything else looks standard to me.

Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Looks fine to me. And yes, iGPIU=Primary is just an UEFI setting.

I'll investigate my FakeID idea later on my system when I find the time, never had to do that before, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Another idea would be fixing the framebuffer data for your iGPU, as your ghost monitor most likely comes from this. This could be enough: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

If you can get your hands on a gtx 980ti it works perfectly in El Cap. Otherwise if you can still find a 7970 it works really well. The last time I used a gtx 980 it never performed anywhere near how well the 980ti does but it could just be El Cap. My previous build was in Yosemite and the HD7970 worked better than the gtx 980. Should be able to find a used 980ti for a good price. I do all my 4k editing with it and it handles like a charm.

Thanks leezee! I appreciate it.
Do you know if 980ti works well on Sierra?

Thanks leezee! I appreciate it.
Do you know if 980ti works well on Sierra?
go for the HD7970 man,i just installed 2 HD7970 and they work perfect on Sierra.

This week I updated my PowerMac G5 build from a PowerColor HD6870 1GB to a Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X 3GB. Only issue was a black screen upon loading Sierra, the system could be seen over the network but not on the 27" LED Cinema Display. To fix it, I switched the PORTS in Clover from 5 (as it showed upon the boot menu screen) to 4 as is actually on the card, also manually entered a DeviceID of 0x67981002 (detailed in Post # 1 of this thread). Voila, it worked perfectly. Frame rates in Unigine Valley and Heaven benchmarks more than doubled.

I followed Fl0r!an's advice of choosing the 280X for a midrange card, because of its OOTB support in Sierra. There's plenty of these cards available used on Craigslist now so it was an inexpensive purchase for 2x the graphics power.

Thanks for an informative source for this latest upgrade.

Cheers!
Ersterhernd

Don't know if I have to open a new thread so ill ask here first. I recently bought an Powercolour R9 280X card witch works fine except sleep. is there any way to enable sleep functionality?

Back