Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

All expected kexts are there, so it looks fine to me.

I'm running my Skylake hackintosh with AMD graphics on iMac17,1, but iMac14,2 would also be fine.

@chickeneaterguy: Please update your profile to contain your primary system.
You should be able to leave your iGPU unconfigured in OS X, so it won't interfere (-> Inject/Intel = No, no FakeID or ig-platform-id).

I have bought the Gigabyte Radeon RX460 4GB. Connected it with the displayport to my LG 4K monitor without any problems. Works fine on 4K@60hz(no multiscreen). I only set my iGPU to primary, so no screen during boot.

Last edited:
All expected kexts are there, so it looks fine to me.

I'm running my Skylake hackintosh with AMD graphics on iMac17,1, but iMac14,2 would also be fine.

ahh ok!! so why my friend its having issues with rendering on Adobe Premiere?he told me that a 3 hours project took like 12 hours to export,what i think is that the 280X(my friend bought) have some issues.

Last edited:
i just installed this GPU Radeon HD 7970,It did the Brice X benchmark in 22 seconds:clap:,i just bought another Radeon HD 7970(same model)

I have a quick question, since on one box I am still running on Intel Series 5 (Gigabyte P55) system, with AMD R280X card, sleep is not supported even via the iGPU trick (my system has no iGPU support). I was wondering, if I could theoretically use a older helper card (AMD 6870 which IIRC slept correctly) as the primary (even though there would be no display output until OS boot), to get the sleep working? And would the OS acceleration with two cards work via the primary (older) card, or via the display connected card? Is it even worth trying out? Thanks.

This should work, providing the 6870 is able to sleep on its own (not 100% sure on this). Personally, I'd consider swapping the R9 280X for a Nvidia equivalent, that's what I did on my old build.
Sleep works here 100% on my R9 290X with the vBIOS method. nothing better than that yet.

one question guys how i can make this "AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB" look like this "AMD Radeon HD 7970"

You'll need to inject Ati (which also implies making sure your framebuffer matches) or edit the string inside AMD7000Controller.kext. The latter approach is purely cosmetic and you'll have to repeat it after every OS update (unless you implement the change as Clover on-the-fly patch).

Personally I wouldn't bother though, my R9 280 is running perfectly fine as "HD 7xxx" for some years now. ;)

You'll need to inject Ati (which also implies making sure your framebuffer matches) or edit the string inside AMD7000Controller.kext. The latter approach is purely cosmetic and you'll have to repeat it after every OS update (unless you implement the change as Clover on-the-fly patch).

Personally I wouldn't bother though, my R9 280 is running perfectly fine as "HD 7xxx" for some years now. ;)

i injected Ati and i used the right framebuffer

In Clover, i set:
- FakeID / ATI = full ID (here: 0x67981002)
- Inject / ATI = true
- FBName = framebuffer name (here:Hamachi [enter some random garbage in case you don’t want to use a framebuffer, the driver will default to RadeonFramebuffer])
- FixDisplay = true

i can see the bios and apple logo loading the system but after that i get a black screen:crazy:
where is the AMD7000Controller.kext. located it?
i used the same setting on clover for the R9 280X and no black screen.

Last edited:
Back