Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Are you talking about the one that links to a different forum where you got a fix? I found on on techpowerup's video bios collection, are those good? When I just put the ROM in, Inject ATI, and Load VBIOS it was not working, just freezing part way through. I then switched the graphics in the BIOS from IGPU to PCIE which made it so no screens were showing boot up, so I switched the switches on the card (which change if its mac or windows) and that allowed the bios and clover to boot using 1 of the graphics cards, however once I try to boot it gets to the ** GPU error, then it goes black like it's about to load, but never loads. I then tried to switch only the single graphics card that was showing boot up to Windows and the other to Mac but that also went blank. If I give it a fake ID of 0x00000001 then it will only boot on the screen iGPU screen. Again thank you for your time.

you've done nearly every step besides flashing the vbios I've ever seen tried. Try a couple things here. First, make sure each card is working properly. Boot into windows if you can and make sure the cards are recognized properly. If you don't have windows use clover for this. They should appear at the clover settings screen at the very top. I only use a single so I can't stay for sure if they will both appear at the top, but at least make sure one gets recognized properly. But make sure at least one is. Next try booting on them individually and see if you can get into OS X with a single card. If not it may be a card issue we will have to isolate. If it works on a single card then we know its an issue with the dual cards. Start with that and report back, hopefully we can further isolate the issue.
I noticed in your other PLIST that you're injecting Intel and AMD, switch intel off. Its possible its confusing the system and it doesn't know how to read the graphics information.

you've done nearly every step besides flashing the vbios I've ever seen tried. Try a couple things here. First, make sure each card is working properly. Boot into windows if you can and make sure the cards are recognized properly. If you don't have windows use clover for this. They should appear at the clover settings screen at the very top. I only use a single so I can't stay for sure if they will both appear at the top, but at least make sure one gets recognized properly. But make sure at least one is. Next try booting on them individually and see if you can get into OS X with a single card. If not it may be a card issue we will have to isolate. If it works on a single card then we know its an issue with the dual cards. Start with that and report back, hopefully we can further isolate the issue.
I noticed in your other PLIST that you're injecting Intel and AMD, switch intel off. Its possible its confusing the system and it doesn't know how to read the graphics information.

In regards to the cards working, I've ran them both in Windows at the same time and they worked flawlessly. I will try to isolate the individual cards, I know that I did that before and I just got one ** GPU error, but I haven't done it with loading vBios through clover, so I will try that and let you know.

Breakthrough!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, it's been 6 months lol. So, looks like when I removed one of my cards (sapphire), I wasn't allowed to boot unless compatibility support was on (it used to have to be off) then it loaded with no problems, except the fact that only the 2 mini dvi ports are working but the HDMI is not, and since I didn't inject the intel only 2 of my four screen work.

I tried keeping MSI out and Sapphire in (put into the same slot as the working MSI) and it doesn't work. It will do everything the MSI does but when it finishes loading (what appears to be the same as the MSI) the screen goes black instead of showing the OS like the MSI one does. I even copied the rom from the MSI and tried injecting it to Sapphire but it didn't work (I think I might be doing that wrong).

I then tried to do MSI and Intel, I can Inject Intel in the plist and it's no problem but when I get to the clover boot loader and go to graphics, intel is not an option. I think it might be because I am in CSM, but if I'm not in CSM then the MSI doesn't load... If I switch my BIOS graphics card back to iGPU, it allows me to use both the intel and MSI, meaning I can run all 4 screens, just 2 of them are on intel instead of the other graphics cards. Still major progress, and I feel like the final resolution is just around the corner!!!

I just got my HD 5450 (HD5450-SL-HM1GD3-L-V2) running perfectly on El Capitan (Clover) and figured I would post back my config.plist settings. I haven't run any benchmarking but will post back my results if I end up doing any.

FixDisplay = True
Fake ID / ATI = 0x68E01002
Graphics / FB Name = Cedar
Graphics / Inject ATI = True

My resolution was stuck at 1920 x 1080 (and I couldn't use any port except for HDMI) until I set the framebuffer to Cedar (I checked /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/Contents/Info.plist for the appropriate framebuffer listed for 0x68E01002). I found through other sources that 0x68E01002 should have fair compatibility with most/all HD 5450 GPU's. I'm now using the DVI port running at full resolution on my 27 inch screen (2560 x 1440).

There probably is a better configuration but it works and I hope it can helpful to someone else :)

Hello :)
I'm a newbie. This is my rig plan:

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
Intel i7 4790K
Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Samsung EVO 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Crossfire Sapphire Vapor R9 270X
Corsair RM 650W
Carbide 500R
Dual Monitor U2312UHM

I'm workin on Adobe After Effects CC and FCPX.
Is my PSU enough? or need a little headroom? 750W maybe..?
Any suggestion for my rig plan? This is my first build for hackintosh :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Are you using El Capitan. What about ur GPU can it work oob with full acceleration . Hoe is your FCPX performance. please post Bruce X result.

@alhami: A 650W PSU should be sufficient. The GPUs should work in OS X, but sleep/wake will be broken due to the issues El Capitan introduced.
There are some threads about dual AMD setups with FCPX, but I don't have any first-hand experiences, so I can't comment on that.

@alhami: A 650W PSU should be sufficient. The GPUs should work in OS X, but sleep/wake will be broken due to the issues El Capitan introduced.
There are some threads about dual AMD setups with FCPX, but I don't have any first-hand experiences, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks Fl0rian for the speed reply :)
I'll check the specific threads about it and be back soon for my 1st experience! :thumbup:

Cheers in advance!

I've solved the flicker via DP issue-- or, rather, I put a few resources together to figure out a bit of a kluge solution based almost entirely on the work done by others on the PC side here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1561372/hawaii-bios-editing-290-290x-295x2-390-390x

Ultimately, the issue arises, it appears, from when the GPU moves between different memory clock/voltage states between idle and max. A temporary solution is to edit the video bios in a way that allows the GPU core clock and frequency to manage itself-- but force the card's memory to always run at full clock. The main cost to this is a few degrees higher idle temperatures and a slightly higher wattage pull at idle-- but it still up/down clocks the GPU core, which is responsible for most of the idle/load temps and wattage pull.

I plan to document the solution here (in a dedicated thread) with better information-- and perhaps better options that flashing a modded bios to the GPU-- once I have time to experiment more and make such a posting. One would assume that one can modify the VBios, but instead of flashing it to the card let Clover load the modified VBios at boot... but I have no tested this solution yet. And I think there may be a better way than just running the memory at full clock at all times. It's going to take some work.

But... DP flickering has been banished!

justr -

could you provide some more details, I'm trying to accomplish the same fix for a R9 390X, but could use a little bit more direction and I haven't quite been able to identify the fix in the thread you linked at overclock.net

Thanks!

@ricky7 While I still have not gotten the second card working properly, I am having another issue. My Radeon that is working is not as powerful as it used to be. I am running without any injections or anything, it shows as having 3GB worth of VRAM, but while I am running 2 screens (which I did before) and running videos on both (which I did before) I am receiving quite a bit of lag (which it didn't do before). An interesting thing is that it seems like it is lagging not because of video issues but CPU, VLC was showing the 2 instances, 1 was at 166% the other was at 80% in activity monitor. However the third VLC running on the Intel graphics didn't appear to be lagging at all. Any ideas on what this might be? Again, thank you for all your time.

Back