Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I am using iMac 18,2 in my setup and it is working fully with the RX 560 (no RadeonDeinit or WEG now as of 10.13.4) with dual 2560x1440 monitors (DP and dual-DVI). I do have the internal graphics enabled in BIOS (Auto) but not used. I haven't played with turning it off though,.

What is your settings for RX560 bios, config.plist and kexts? is your airplay work?

@Gigamaxx is Intel and AMD working together? I tried IGPU enabled on BIOS boot time took much longer but its boot it. In system reports showing HD530 but no kext loaded.

@Gigamaxx is Intel and AMD working together? I tried IGPU enabled on BIOS boot time took much longer but its boot it. In system reports showing HD530 but no kext loaded.

In High Sierra the settIngd for IGPU are different from Sierra. In HS you don’t need IGPU support for AMD cards. Some people enable but use PEG or PCI ( AMD card) as primary display option this allows some apps that use IGPU for deciding to function better.

For most apps no IGPU is needed.
In HS you don’t use fake ID 0x05128086 just zero it out and use ig 0x59160003.

In High Sierra the settIngd for IGPU are different from Sierra. In HS you don’t need IGPU support for AMD cards. Some people enable but use PEG or PCI ( AMD card) as primary display option this allows some apps that use IGPU for deciding to function better.

For most apps no IGPU is needed.
In HS you don’t use fake ID 0x05128086 just zero it out and use ig 0x59160003.
Do you have any more information about this? I'm running an HP8300 with RX560, mainly following this guide. Specifically the following, your post suggests that they may not all be needed?

rename EHC1 to EH01
rename EHC2 to EH02
rename GFX0 to IGPU
rename SAT0 to SATA
rename PEGP to GFX0
Inject Intel and enter 0x01620007 in the "ig-platform-id" section​

Question. I'm doing a bunch of tests with my 10.13.1 ASUS RX560 to see if I can boot without WhateverGreen.

So far my tests revolve around trying FakeID for the ATI card.

My card is by default reporting DeviceID: 0x67FF

Post 1 says that OOB RX560 uses DeviceID: 0x67EF

So I tried:
InjectATI = true
ATI/FakeID=0x67EF1002
FBName=NONOAcre to get the default Framebuffer
Fixes -> FixDisplay_0100 = true

When I boot up System Report Still shows DeviceID: 0x67FF

Clover log shows:

25:073 0:000 Unsupported ATI card! Device ID: [1002:67FF] Subsystem ID: [052D1043]
25:073 0:000 search for brothers family
25:073 0:000 ...compatible config is not found

Any suggestions?
Did you find any solution for Unsupported ATI card problem?

I'm absolutely in shock!

I've always used Nvidia cards and the performance in hackintoshs always were just "fine". But OSX looks more smooth on real Macs I own.

My experience with hackintoshs was steady enough to back up to skip a real Mac in this year upgrade for my daily machine.

My decision were based on the March Building Advise:

Gigabyte z270
i5 7700k
GTX 1070

As I told I am a nvidia lover. But yesterday were reading this thread and decided to give AMD a try. I bought a RX560 from MSI.

Installed the OS as a new installation on a spare SSD. The system has recognized the GPU since installation. I didn't installed any extra kext. And after tuning things, the OSX's UI looks so smooth...

The effects are so smooth............

What the hell! I never have an experience in OSX like that. Nothing is strugling, nor skipping. I'm in love with these little card.

Why are you guys never advised us about that cool performance of AMD? lol

They only just became more easily viable in OSX, in fact some people such as myself with a 560 have to load a few kexts to get multi monitor setups working.

Do you have any more information about this? I'm running an HP8300 with RX560, mainly following this guide. Specifically the following, your post suggests that they may not all be needed?

rename EHC1 to EH01
rename EHC2 to EH02
rename GFX0 to IGPU
rename SAT0 to SATA
rename PEGP to GFX0
Inject Intel and enter 0x01620007 in the "ig-platform-id" section​
All those settings are good for your i7-3770.
In addition, you need to think about SMBIOS model ID. I use iMac13,2.
In addition, you need to decide if need IGPU (e.g. for FCPX/iMovie sharing as H.264) or not. If so make sure it's not Primary.

Back