Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I'm going to be setting up a new build in the next couple of days with an i7-8700k + RX 580. I also plan on trying to enable the igpu HD 630 so that I can activate Quicksync for FPCX use.

In the MultiBeast setup, should I inject Intel HD 630 in the graphics section or leave that blank and only enable AMD Graphics Fixup? Wondering if that is only for systems with only an iGPU and no dGPU.

I know to there is a way to enable headless iGPU to try to activate intel quicksync. Is that different than enabling the HD 630 in MultiBeast? Curious what is the best way to have the HD 630 working well with an RX 580.

I'm going to be setting up a new build in the next couple of days with an i7-8700k + RX 580. I also plan on trying to enable the igpu HD 630 so that I can activate Quicksync for FPCX use.

In the MultiBeast setup, should I inject Intel HD 630 in the graphics section or leave that blank and only enable AMD Graphics Fixup? Wondering if that is only for systems with only an iGPU and no dGPU.

I know to there is a way to enable headless iGPU to try to activate intel quicksync. Is that different than enabling the HD 630 in MultiBeast? Curious what is the best way to have the HD 630 working well with an RX 580.

You will need to inject Intel in config.plist>Graphics>Inject, and chances are you will need to set a proper IGPlatformID (also under graphics) and FakeID for intelGFX. In my case, the following configuration worked:

FakeID for intelGFX: 0x59128086
IGPlatformID: 0x59120000 (for others, the "headless" 0x59120003 worked, but not for me. Try both.)

You will also need Lilu, Shiki Whatevergreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. Boot arguments in clover should include: -disablegfxfirmware and -shikibeta (the latter I'm not sure is necessary, but I kept it).

To test real IGPU acceleration, use Intel Power Gadget and open a YouTube video. You should see both the CPU (blue line) and IGPU (green line) fluctuating.

You will need to inject Intel in config.plist>Graphics>Inject, and chances are you will need to set a proper IGPlatformID (also under graphics) and FakeID for intelGFX. In my case, the following configuration worked:

FakeID for intelGFX: 0x59128086
IGPlatformID: 0x59120000 (for others, the "headless" 0x59120003 worked, but not for me. Try both.)

You will also need Lilu, Shiki Whatevergreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. Boot arguments in clover should include: -disablegfxfirmware and -shikibeta (the latter I'm not sure is necessary, but I kept it).

To test real IGPU acceleration, use Intel Power Gadget and open a YouTube video. You should see both the CPU (blue line) and IGPU (green line) fluctuating.

So is this with or without RadeonDeInit=Yes??? If I'm installing the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts then I don't need RadeonDeInit, right?

So is this with or without RadeonDeInit=Yes??? If I'm installing the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts then I don't need RadeonDeInit, right?

I personally have had better results with Whatevergreen + Lilu, particularly if I wanted to keep IGPU enabled (which I recommend).

Also, depending on your motherboard, I would try assigning IGPU 256MB of memory as a minimum and using MAX for the maximum. This gave me seamless stability in FCPX, which was crashing on export before.

I personally have had better results with Whatevergreen + Lilu, particularly if I wanted to keep IGPU enabled (which I recommend).

Also, depending on your motherboard, I would try assigning IGPU 256MB of memory as a minimum and using MAX for the maximum. This gave me seamless stability in FCPX, which was crashing on export before.

Great. Where can I get Shiki kext???
Thanks for all your help!

Prior to trying to flash your Vega 56 with Vega 64 firmware, make sure that your Vega 56 has Samsung HBM2. If you have Hynix HBM2, you will brick your card.

@pastrychef, turns out I have Hynix HBM2. I'm curious, how did you come across the fact about bricking? I tried a Google search today and could not find any reference to Hynix-based cards bricking after flashing.

@pastrychef, turns out I have Hynix HBM2. I'm curious, how did you come across the fact about bricking? I tried a Google search today and could not find any reference to Hynix-based cards bricking after flashing.

I can't remember where I read it, but there're multiple sources for that info. Try searching deeper and I'm sure you will find it too.

Prior to trying to flash your Vega 56 with Vega 64 firmware, make sure that your Vega 56 has Samsung HBM2. If you have Hynix HBM2, you will brick your card.

I successfully flashed the bios of my ROG Strix RX VEGA56 8GB Hynix HBM2 with the bios of Vega64 Samsung Samsung HBM2 Memory using Ati flash command line.

No brick but not even a big increase in performance in MacOs. I also managed the fan issue (still in 10.13.4 beta 4) linking vega's fans directly to mobo and controlled them form bios in PWM. I monitor the Vega temps with an Optional Thermal Sensor Cable linked to the mobo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 19.47.16.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 19.47.16.png
    924.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Vega_64_fans_to_mobo_PWM_scheme.jpg
    Vega_64_fans_to_mobo_PWM_scheme.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 295
Back