Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

@pinktank @bortoni
do your Monitor also goes to power saving modus before showing the macOS LogScreen ?

Yes briefly.

I'm getting confused about what path I should be following. I have the ASUS RX560. I have PCIe 1 as primary.

I'd like to not use whatevergreen and just use RadeonDeInit. However, that doesn't work for me as I get black screen at log in.

So I'm down the path of FakeID trying 0x67EF but that doesn't appear to be working... is it worth still going down this path? Heck, I'm even willing to try different vBIOS if suggested. With Whatevergreen and no fakeID or whatever my only issue is black screen after wake from sleep.

Maybe black screen after wake is still not resolved and I'm wasting my time?

Yes briefly.

I'm getting confused about what path I should be following. I have the ASUS RX560. I have PCIe 1 as primary.

I'd like to not use whatevergreen and just use RadeonDeInit. However, that doesn't work for me as I get black screen at log in.

So I'm down the path of FakeID trying 0x67EF but that doesn't appear to be working... is it worth still going down this path? Heck, I'm even willing to try different vBIOS if suggested. With Whatevergreen and no fakeID or whatever my only issue is black screen after wake from sleep.

Is your IGPU enabled in bios? I suggest you try the following:
Enable Multimonitor in bios (as in, always have igpu on), set it to 96 or 128mb of shared memory
In Clover, do not inject fakeid for now, just injectintel with no connectors (injectintel yes, ig platform id 0x59120003)
Reboot, see how it goes. I have sleep working and everything, but like you, I cannot get the deviceid/framebuffer injection to work.

With RadeonDeInit=true and CSM disabled and PCIE Graphics primary
exactly
  • RadeonDeInit=true
  • CSM disabled
  • PCIE Graphics primary
  • multimonitor enabled
  • no lilu etc...
Result:
Clover boots
than monitor goes to power saving mode
after that monitor leaves powersaving mode and just shows black
no macOS

––––

• RadeonDeInit=true
  • CSM disabled
  • PCIE Graphics primary
  • multimonitor disabled
  • no lilu etc...
Result:
Clover boots
macOS LogScreen is shown

ioreg shows:

65eajLB.png

I think you should take a breath, things are getting confused in the flurry of posts. Nobody is suggesting using Lilu and Whatevergreen at the same time as RadeonDeInit, they are trying without Whatevergreen, and as I stated before, I tried them independently, did not make a difference on the injection, as in:
1) No whatevergreen anywhere, Radeondeinit
2) Whatevergreen and Lilu in SLE, no Radeondeinit
no differences.
Might I ask how you installed WhateverGreen? RadeonDeInit=true has no effect on injectATI=true with FB Name. WhateverGreen does though. I'm only trying to point you in the right direction to resolve your issue with framebuffer personalities(personally doesn't seem like an issue just that you wanna test out other personalities and that's fine don't blame you). Something you've likely overlooked. But I know for a fact that RadeonDeInit=true doesn't affect injectATI=true with FB Name. If you remove WhateverGreen and use only RadeonDeInit=true without injecting any framebuffer what does about this mac say your card is. If it says the model specifically in any way combined with other card and does have Xs the somewhere WhateverGreen is alive to check for WhateverGreen when you feel you have removed it search IOReg for it.

Yes briefly.

Black screen after wake is definitely resolved without iGPU or WhateverGreen with clover version 4296 or greater and RadeonDeInit=true or by using Mieze's DSDT/SSDT patch with CSM disabled

Yes briefly.

It may be a bios setting issue, try setting IGPU to PEG and look for the multimonitor option. Select 64mb minimum allocated ram and then set multimonitor enabled. As long as you have PEG as primary display output the IGPU should stay quiet and possibly help with sleep/wake mode. Maybe set clover ig platform ID to 0x59120003 to get KBL KRB graphics support. It definitely helps with graphics decoding for certain apps. You may try other settings in bios like network stack enabled, wake on lan, etc.. until you find a combination that works. ASPM, ERP other power related settings may effect wake from sleep as well. Poke around a bit and see if you can’t find something.

High Sierra is also very new and the graphics drivers need improvements but the same was true for Sierra when it was released.

For your card you should be able to use clover version 4297 and Radeondeinit = true to get the card working. The name R9 xxx can be fixed and is only cosmetic.

exactly
  • RadeonDeInit=true
  • CSM disabled
  • PCIE Graphics primary
  • multimonitor enabled
Result:
Clover boots
after that monitor leaves powersaving mode and just shows black
no macOS

Interesting I had to patch my framebuffer or I always had a black screen even with WhateverGreen in High Sierra, but not in Sierra.

Sleep is working here as well with :
  • RadeonDeInit=true
  • CSM disabled
  • PCIE Graphics primary
  • multimonitor disabled
  • no lilu etc...

does it lead to any issues when the GPU is listed like this ?

65eajLB.png

Might I ask how you installed WhateverGreen?

When I wanted to try Whatevergreen, I installed it with Kextwizard, and with it installed, you can see Radeon 560 Pro. If you remove it and rebuild caches (or use -radoff boot flag) and use RadeonDeinit instead, you get R9 xxx something, ie. no name injection. Yes, I have checked in ioreg in both cases to make sure that Whatever green was loading/not loading respectively. It did not make a difference in terms of FB injection or Ati Fakeid injection.

I do have a problem, a second display you attach will go green/pink pointing to a framebuffere/handshake issue, which is why I'm trying to inject a framebuffer.

Is your IGPU enabled in bios? I suggest you try the following:
Enable Multimonitor in bios (as in, always have igpu on), set it to 96 or 128mb of shared memory
In Clover, do not inject fakeid for now, just injectintel with no connectors (injectintel yes, ig platform id 0x59120003)
Reboot, see how it goes. I have sleep working and everything, but like you, I cannot get the deviceid/framebuffer injection to work.

@Gigamaxx
@carpentryplus25

This has been my current "best".

1) iGPU enabled with 96Meg
2) ASUS RX560 PCIe 1 set as primary
3) Total of one Monitor, connected to RX560 (DVI)

Notes with this:

1) RadeonDeInit does not work. Requires WhateverGreen (in Clover/kexts/other)
2) System Report says Device ID: 0x67ff
3) Black Screen after wake, but otherwise it is awake (confirm with Remote Desktop)

How do I disable CSM? In my BIOS CSM option disappears when I select:

BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features : Other OS

Should I set Windows 8 Feature JUST to turn off CSM?

Back