R9 390x Yosemite working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me choose a card that will handle 4K prores footage in FCPX
this is my build
Core i7 6700k (sky lake)
Corsair h100i gtx (liquid cpu cooler)
Asus Z170-A ATX
G skills ripjaws V series 64gb ddr4-2400 (4x16)
Samsung Evo 250gb SSD (OS and applications)
Toshiba 3tb 7200rpm
corsair 750D ATX full tower case
EVGA 750w 80+ gold certified
LG blu Ray burner
2 - 24" Asus displays

Current build cost is $1800
i just need help choosing a gpu that will work and handle my footage.
i shot weddings and events often and I need something that can keep up with my workflow.

thanks

Can you help me choose a card that will handle 4K prores footage in FCPX
this is my build
Core i7 6700k (sky lake)
Corsair h100i gtx (liquid cpu cooler)
Asus Z170-A ATX
G skills ripjaws V series 64gb ddr4-2400 (4x16)
Samsung Evo 250gb SSD (OS and applications)
Toshiba 3tb 7200rpm
corsair 750D ATX full tower case
EVGA 750w 80+ gold certified
LG blu Ray burner
2 - 24" Asus displays

Current build cost is $1800
i just need help choosing a gpu that will work and handle my footage.
i shot weddings and events often and I need something that can keep up with my workflow.

thanks

If your working in FCPX then you definitely need an amd card but are you using multiple displays?

@Florian,

I've tried to contact you directly since I guess you are German like I am and I could need some help. What a pitty that I can't due to the lack of 75 posts. So if you have some time to help a fellow countryman out, it would be cool if you drop me a line.

Cheers

Tobsn

R9 390x El Capitan working?

Bought a Radeon R9 390X for my Hack. now, how do I get it working in El Capitan?

Thanks!!!
Tom

Bought a Radeon R9 390X for my Hack. now, how do I get it working in El Capitan?

Thanks!!!
Tom

I would stay away from newer ATI Radeon cards. 10.10 and higher has issues. No Powermanagement in 10.11.

R9 390x Power Management

My hack has a 1250 watt power supply, the idea was to outfit it for Oculus Rift, switch SSD cards, restart as a hack. FCP X is my software of choce and it ONLY works with AMD GPUs. All the FCPX addons croak when I use nvidia. Kind of strange when you think of all the nvida GPUs apple has shipped on their laptops. But there it is. Oculuis Rift is the determining factor.

I digress.

From what I've read this GPU sucks 600 watts 24/7. Given that as a factor I still don;t quite know how to do Hack with Skylake and this GPU. Unfortunatley for mankind Microsoft won't support Win 7 after a drop dead date in the near future. Kinda makes the Rift look like it will only be Win10 and Skylake.

Ideas please!

FCP X is my software of choce and it ONLY works with AMD GPUs. All the FCPX addons croak when I use nvidia.

Which Nvidia card are you using with FCPX ? The higher end ones like the 980 Ti should work
with FCP X when you're using the current web drivers from Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back