Contribute
Register

R9 390x Yosemite working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support seems to be broken in 10.10.4, so I'd stay away at the moment: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,11177.0.html

Nvidia Maxwell cards are better value for money in the high-end class btw, only problem is the need for Nvidia Web Drivers.

Are you mad? To start what Mac has a 390x? You also linked to a article about 290x not 390x. So its not broken, its just not there yet. Wait for Apple to release a Mac with it.

AMD/ATI GFX have always been better in OSX then nVidia for OpenGL/OpenCL stuff. The only thing nVidia was good for was CUDA and most apps have since be optimized for OpenCL now due to the release of the Mac Pro 6,1.

FYI: AMD cards are cheaper.

The R9 290X is *exactly* the same card as the R9 390X. Driver support *is* there (cards worked until 10.10.3), but seems to be broken now.

A GTX 970 will outperform a R9 390X/290X in most games and is cheaper btw (at least on Windows).

Do your homework before calling someone mad...

The R9 290X is *exactly* the same card as the R9 390X. Driver support *is* there (cards worked until 10.10.3), but seems to be broken now.

A GTX 970 will outperform a R9 390X/290X in most games and is cheaper btw (at least on Windows).

Do your homework before calling someone mad...

I've got no beef with anybody. But the AMD R9's render 4k graphics A LOT better than even the 980 Ti's. I perfer the AMD line up over the nVidia for that one purpose. I like to play games @ 4k60 in full detail, and my Radeon 295x2 did it FAR better than even the Titan X.

Since OS X doesn't support Crossfire, you'll be lucky to get even half of your R9 295x2 working.

Due to the driver support the Nvidia Maxwell cards are usually the better choice.
i Have my 390x working with a msi gaming 5 and a core i7 4790k it worked OOB with radeon framebuffers on el capitan 390x twin frozr* also if u need any help i am here i can easily help u with hackintoshing with similar hardware as mine. BTW i used clover !

i Have my 390x working with a msi gaming 5 and a core i7 4790k it worked OOB with radeon framebuffers on el capitan 390x twin frozr* also if u need any help i am here i can easily help u with hackintoshing with similar hardware as mine. BTW i used clover !

That's great to hear!

Do you or anybody else think that this card will work OOB with Yosemite 10.10.5?

..and if so, do you think a pair of GPU's would work?

Hi, TheHackingProdigy! First of all I'm happy to introduce myself to the community. Now I have an issue with my hackintosh, but as I have successfully installed hackintoshes several times and with several versions of OS X, I'm willing to help others that may need it. I'm glad that you've made it with your 390X.

Now, my problem:

I have a El Capitan Hackintosh perfectly functional system (I'm writing this from it) with a Radeon HD5870 1GB. I attach some pics of mac system info in this post.

Captura de pantalla 2015-10-07 13.46.09.png Captura de pantalla 2015-10-07 13.46.20.png Captura de pantalla 2015-10-07 13.46.36.png

But recently I've purchased a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro with 8GB GDDR5. When I substitute my current card with this new one I can't get it to work properly. I have reinstalled OS X several times, tinkered with kexts, boot loaders, etc, but nothing works. I passed boot0 error in all its variants and the system boots to desktop but still it isn't working as it should What do I have to do? I can't get system to recognize more than 3MB of RAM and the resolution is awfully low. Then I switch back to my good old Sapphire HD5870 and everything runs smooth again.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back