Gigabyte-Designare Z390
CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
I am about to build a Hackintosh using an i5-4690K CPU and a Gigabyte GA-Z9X_UD5H motherboard. I need room for

3 3.5 inch drives
2 SSD's
1 5.25 inch DVD drive.

My quest is for an extremely quiet mid-tower ATX case for under $150. Only other requirement is that it is NOT flashy (i.i. no windows with blue lights shining through).

Any suggestions would be helpful.

+1 for the R4.. I have two R4's and love them.

One note (albeit small) is the USB 3.0 ports are colored the same (black) as the USB 2.0 ports. Instead they are just labeled. I still may get a R5 for my next build, but IDK why they went away from the traditional Blue

but IDK why they went away from the traditional Blue

It's because some custom PC builders want everything to be Matte Black on their system.
They obsess over tiny details like that. They even have convinced FD to make the "Blackout"
version of the R4 and R5 which has black fans, HDD trays and PCI-e slot covers. I've got an
older R4 that still has the blue USB three ports on the front. :) The contrasting FD white fans
also look very good too, not sure what purpose it serves to make it 100% black. :think:

Guess they'll want to change out the front LED for a black one too :lol:

Guess they'll want to change out the front LED for a black one too :lol:

I have seen some folks that do go to all the trouble to change the color of the power switch
led to red for example. :crazy:

I have seen some folks that do go to all the trouble to change the color of the power switch
led to red for example. :crazy:

I have to admit, back before hacking, when I was building PC's, Ive done a little switch and HDD LED soldering :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back