Contribute
Register

[Psudo Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070), Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thank you for your fast response. I'll be sure to try what you sent me right now. Also, no Intel Graphics, my laptop has Intel Graphics disabled at hardware level from what I've read.
then maybe it would b e best to use high sierra then you can use the nvidia web drivers

then maybe it would b e best to use high sierra then you can use the nvidia web drivers
Yeah, I know, High Sierra was pretty smooth from my experience, but unfortunately, it's going to become pretty dated soon. Honestly, I don't really mind not having hardware acceleration, I mainly just do programming and stuff. And also, the half-working Nvidia web driver workaround actually gives the computer a somewhat "stable" performance. Yeah, it might have some slight screen tearing and very mild lag, but it's not really a deal-breaker.

Yeah, I know, High Sierra was pretty smooth from my experience, but unfortunately, it's going to become pretty dated soon. Honestly, I don't really mind not having hardware acceleration, I mainly just do programming and stuff. And also, the half-working Nvidia web driver workaround actually gives the computer a somewhat "stable" performance. Yeah, it might have some slight screen tearing and very mild lag, but it's not really a deal-breaker.
or maybe look into modding your bios to disable the nvidia and enable intel graphics

that could be an option, check over bios-mods.com to see if anyone has done this

or you could try extracting your bios and checking it over using AMIBCP windows program

or maybe look into modding your bios to disable the nvidia and enable intel graphics

that could be an option, check over bios-mods.com to see if anyone has done this

or you could try extracting your bios and checking it over using AMIBCP windows program
Hi, I placed the VoodooI2C kexts in the same order as the ones in your plist. I tried running opencore with ya ACPI patches and without it, and it's still not working. The logs for voodoo aren't being too helpful either, it only gave me: "0x0 0 0 kernel: (VoodooI2CELAN) <compose failure [UUID]>."

Hi, I placed the VoodooI2C kexts in the same order as the ones in your plist. I tried running opencore with ya ACPI patches and without it, and it's still not working. The logs for voodoo aren't being too helpful either, it only gave me: "0x0 0 0 kernel: (VoodooI2CELAN) <compose failure [UUID]>."
you may not have the elan and your renames (in config.plist) may also differ, best to check in your dsdt and then refer to the renames in config.plist

you may not have the elan and your renames (in config.plist) may also differ, best to check in your dsdt and then refer to the renames in config.plist
I mean, in that case, it wouldn't of worked on Catalina. I'm using a more or less similar OC config as the one in this thread. I had success with the trackpad in Catalina with the very same kexts, I already tried upgrading them, using yours, etc

Here's my current config for big sur, any help would be extremely appreciated, I've been scratching my head for hours trying to get the touchpad working with no success. The command in the VoodooI2C troubleshooting page also doesn't give me any useful info besides telling me Safari downloaded a kext file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    79.5 MB · Views: 108
Here's my current config for big sur, any help would be extremely appreciated, I've been scratching my head for hours trying to get the touchpad working with no success. The command in the VoodooI2C troubleshooting page also doesn't give me any useful info besides telling me Safari downloaded a kext file.
next time, leave out the Resources folder :)

DSDT.aml should not be used in OpenCore

also look into the SSDT-GPI0.aml and then your dsdt to see if you have something similar in there

or you could try:
as that may work in polling mode

also unrelated but you are missing CPUFriend.kext as well

next time, leave out the Resources folder :)

DSDT.aml should not be used in OpenCore

also look into the SSDT-GPI0.aml and then your dsdt to see if you have something similar in there

or you could try:
as that may work in polling mode

also unrelated but you are missing CPUFriend.kext as well
Yeah, I just got a breakthrough a second before ya sent the message. I have the DSDT for the AsusSMC patches and the patches in that GL502VS High Sierra thread I linked in this thread. I added the CPUFriend.kext and realized that when I copied your VoodooI2C stuff from your config to mines, I didn't disable VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext . So far, I see the touchpad on preferences, but it still doesn't work.

Yeah, I just got a breakthrough a second before ya sent the message. I have the DSDT for the AsusSMC patches and the patches in that GL502VS High Sierra thread I linked in this thread. I added the CPUFriend.kext and realized that when I copied your VoodooI2C stuff from your config to mines, I didn't disable VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext . So far, I see the touchpad on preferences, but it still doesn't work.
and Lilu.kext should be at the top of the list

these shouldn't be needed anymore:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
            </dict>

and you also seem to have added them here as well:
Code:
<key>Patch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>
        </array>

which can be removed

regarding asus patches, check out my other .aml and renames in config.plist, you can make a hotpatch for those keys and a new hotpatch for your trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back