Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSEDOG:

This is my first forum post since successfully completing an OpenCore Catalina fresh install with my new hardware.

The AppleALC layout 7 + your GPU info saved me a LOT of headaches getting through the boot. I'm not about to claim I can brainstorm on improvements but THANK YOU for sharing your progress.

@psedog trying to enable my igpu but not able to boot catalina, any ideas? I'm getting this error "Couldn't allocate runtime area". Can you share your latest EFI with the enabled igpu?

Last edited:
@psedog trying to enable my igpu but not able to boot catalina, any ideas? I'm getting this error "Couldn't allocate runtime area". Can you share your latest EFI with the enabled igpu?
Sorry, just saw your request. I've uploaded my current EFI. Note, original settings for iGPU no longer work. Go with these settings.

64/256/1024

Attachments

• 200205093805.jpg
    200205093805.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 117
OK, so I have my OpenCore boot loader working pretty well. Can you guys give it a spin and see how it works for you? You're supposed to be able to set your default boot device in System Preferences, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Luckily I've been able to hide the Windows partition and it is no longer trying to default to that :)

remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi form drivers and config.plist
fwRuntimeServices.efi replaces it

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi form drivers and config.plist

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi form drivers and config.plist

I'm not using either of these. EmuVariable and Virtualsmc. Is it still in the first post?

I cant find your opencore efi posts

I cant find your opencore efi posts
You were referencing opencore, got it. It's in post 63, but I haven't been keeping up with it as it just was too finicky for me back then. Plus, I've been traveling a lot so I needed to keep this computer as stable as possible for the rest of my family. I hate tele-troubleshooting. Especially with family, lol. When I get more at home time, I'll venture into the opencore world again.

That is where I saw the memory fix driver

Hi psedog,

I have a very similar build to you but have been having some issues with FCPX where it crashes on start-up, I've mostly upgraded my build from Sierra when I used to have a 980Ti in it, once I switched over to the Vega 64 I went through the pain of APFS conversion but it all seemed to work. Would you mind sharing your last config.plist to see if I'm missing something?
I've just upgraded my Catalina to 10.15.4 but still seem to be having issues which look to be caused by a GPU error so I'm sure it's a setting I've missed.

Cheers

Raebs

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back