Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. Aorus Z390 8700K Vega64

Status
Not open for further replies.
will try that tonight, thanks!

@psedog I booted into the "Install catalina" then I saw the IGPU got initialized, no errors, it gave me black screen again, I just let it run for a while, it rebooted and then the "Install" option disappeared, I booted into the Catalina partition and it gave me a black screen again. I unplugged from my Vega 64 and plugged into the iGPU and I got the catalina login screen. Seem like it didn't like my Vega?

@psedog I booted into the "Install catalina" then I saw the IGPU got initialized, no errors, it gave me black screen again, I just let it run for a while, it rebooted and then the "Install" option disappeared, I booted into the Catalina partition and it gave me a black screen again. I unplugged from my Vega 64 and plugged into the iGPU and I got the catalina login screen. Seem like it didn't like my Vega?
Ok, I restarted and plugged back into Vega 64, booted into single-user mode and it worked this time ;). Seems only way for me to get into Catalina with the Vega 64 is through single-user mode first?

Last edited:
Alright, I'm in Catalina now but my monitor is set to YpbPr instead of RGB. I tried doing the same thing I did for my Mojave but I can't update the S/L/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides folder, it's giving me error saying "Read-only file system"

Update: Fixed this one, monitor now running in RGB Mode. Had to do "sudo mount -uw /" so I can update /S/L/Displays folder

But still can't boot directly into Catalina via Vega 64 without going through the single user mode first.

Disabled iGPU and I'm able to boot into Catalina without single user mode

Last edited:
NEW EFI in the first post (Clover EFI 17Dec19). I have removed all APTIO Fix patches. VirtualSMC is working by itself. Unfortunately, unable to enable iGpu with a dGpu. If you want to have both cards enabled, go with iMac Pro1,1.

Thanks! This enabled my Audio as well :)

Finally have a good option for temperature monitoring (both CPU and GPU) that doesn't require FakeSMC (which I can't get to work with OpenCore). HWMonitorSMC2 v.2.5.0. I got it from Github
You have to build it yourself. I'm attaching my copy that I built in Xcode.

View attachment 435494
@psedog I tried this and I only see RAM and Media Health. How'd you enable the others? It's missing the CPU temps.

Got the CPU Temps and Fans to display. I had to add the following kexts:
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.52.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.52.45 PM.png

My GPU temps/fan situation is odd though:

Fredericks-iMac-2:~ dickoy$ ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'

"Fan Speed(%)"=1

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=77

"Temperature(C)"=72

The fan is not spinning?

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.54.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.16.03 PM.png

It started spinning when it hit 76 then stopped again at 74? Seems odd to me. And what's weird is that when I boot into my Mojave partition, the fan seems to be spinning non-stop:
"Fan Speed(%)"=48
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2396
"Temperature(C)"=25

Last edited:
Hello Psedog,

I have a question for you. Have you been able to get your machine boot without OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi? I had my system working without it and after the Catalina update 10.15.2 it stopped working. I was checking out some tutorial on using a different boot=0 and using different efi's.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back