Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrakkingMac said:
My local computer shop AtoZComputers is also good enough to allow me to try an i7 in it to see if it's compatible.

Should have that news tomorrow or Saturday.

:think: :beachball:

bobbylong818 said:
I have successful to build a GA-H55-USB3 with i870, running 3 PCI cards for Pro Tools 9.0.3, anybody want to build a system running with 3 PCI cards, i will reccomment to use this mobo .
:thumbup:

bobbylong818 said:
I have successful to build a GA-H55-USB3 with i870, running 3 PCI cards for Pro Tools 9.0.3, anybody want to build a system running with 3 PCI cards, i will reccomment to use this mobo .

Yes, for previous generation i7's, that's the mobo to use. It's about 70% as powerful as the new Sandies. It's my backup plan.

Okay, i7 seems to be no bueno with C20x. I will double verify, but there's no post.

:sick:
FrakkingMac said:
Okay, i7 seems to be no bueno with C20x. I will double verify, but there's no post.
:banghead:

FrakkingMac said:

Sure, it does work with some boards (ASUS P8B WS for example).

JK,

No luck with your build either?

RonT said:
JK,

No luck with your build either?

I'm still waiting for my X9SCA and E3-1230 which should arrive next week.

FrakkingMac said:
Confirmed false with i7.

What do you mean? I got an i7-2600K working with an ASUS P8B WS and Mac OS X 10.6.7.

-JK- said:
FrakkingMac said:
Confirmed false with i7.

What do you mean? I got an i7-2600K working with an ASUS P8B WS and Mac OS X 10.6.7.

P8BWS is a SINGLE PCI slot workstation C206 board. It's irrelevant.

I suppose there's a chance my board's bad, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back