CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I plug my Clover boot drive with Mojave on it (made by Unibeast) into the USB 2.0 port on my PC, it starts loading, with the Apple logo and a loading bar, but then it gives me the prohibitory symbol. Any help?

When I plug my Clover boot drive with Mojave on it (made by Unibeast) into the USB 2.0 port on my PC, it starts loading, with the Apple logo and a loading bar, but then it gives me the prohibitory symbol. Any help?

• From your description of your Boot screen, it looks like you have a USB port file transfer problem causing that "Prohibited Entry Sign" error also shown in verbose boot as "still waiting for root device".
  • It has multiple causes depending up on where the configuration to enable USB ports have failed.
  • BIOS USB controllers must be enabled.
  • The problem can be with CLOVER
    • The lack of proper USB support kexts like USBInjectAll.kextand XHCIunsupported. kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other and/ or
    • config.plist _Devices_USB lacking [√]Inject [√]FixOwnership
  • It can also be related to a USB port on your Desktop that fails during Boot especially in a USB 3.0 port,
  • This requires switching the Installer to other ports by trial and error until you find the right port most likely at the back of the case.
  • Uploading a zipped CLOVER folder from your USB installer will be a good idea for someone to check it for you.
  • For the steps to get CLOVER from USB installer, check bulleted steps here->#4
  • ALWAYS boot in Verbose Mode (-v boot flag ) until successful installation and successful boot of System disk without USB Installer.

Last edited:
  • From your description of your Boot screen, it looks like you have a USB port file transfer problem causing that "Prohibited Entry Sign" error.
  • It has multiple causes depending up on where the configuration to enable USB ports have failed.
  • BIOS USB controllers must be enabled.
  • Th problem can be with CLOVER
    • The lack of proper USB support kexts like USBInjectAll.kextand XHCIunsupported. kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other and/ or
    • config.plist _Devices_USB lacking [√]Inject [√]FixOwnership
  • It can also be related to a USB port on your Desktop that fails during Boot especially in a USB 3.0 port,
  • This requires switching the Installer to other ports by trial and error until you find the right port most likely at the back of the case.
  • Uploading a zipped CLOVER folder from your USB installer will be a good idea for someone to check it for you.
  • For the steps to get CLOVER from USB installer, check bulleted steps here->#4
  • ALWAYS boot in Verbose Mode (-v boot flag ) until successful installation and successful boot of System disk without USB Installer.
so do i need to inject the kexts into clover first?

so do i need to inject the kexts into clover first?
If you have difficulty understanding what to do after reading #3 , upload your USB installer's CLOVER as a zipped file as shown in #4

If you don't know, your Nvidia GTX 1080 is NOT supported in Mojave.
Nvidia GTX 1080 is ONLY supported with Nvidia Web drivers in macOS High Sierra .
There are no Nvidia Webdrivers for Mojave.

To install Mojave in this hardware
, you have to Remove Nvidia GTX 1080 from its PCIE slot .

You can install supported current AMD Radeon Graphics or a few Selected older Nvidia GTX cards 650 to 690 and a few selected Nvidia GT cards with Kepler architecture.[Ex:Nvidia GeForce GT 710]

Your Intel i7-8700K's associated UHD Graphics 630 is supported in Mojave

Last edited:
If you have difficulty understanding what to do after reading #3 , upload your USB installer's CLOVER as a zipped file as shown in #4

If you don't know, your Nvidia GTX 1080 is NOT supported in Mojave.
Nvidia GTX 1080
is ONLY supported with Nvidia Web drivers in macOS High Sierra .
There are no Nvidia Webdrivers for Mojave.

To install Mojave in this hardware
, you have to Remove Nvidia GTX 1080 from its PCIE slot .

You can install supported current AMD Radeon Graphics or a few Selected older Nvidia GTX cards 650 to 690 and a few selected Nvidia GT cards with Kepler architecture.[Ex:Nvidia GeForce GT 710]

Your Intel i7-8700K's associated UHD Graphics 630 is supported in Mojave
ok so basically i can't even run mojave because my gpu is not supported
and i don't want to have to deal with integrated graphics so i'm gonna just not install mojave

ok so basically i can't even run mojave because my gpu is not supported
and i don't want to have to deal with integrated graphics so i'm gonna just not install mojave

That's your choice. Good luck.

• Since this post may be found on search, for the benefit of other readers, let me add a few things for those who may be new to Hackintosh hoping to help them.

• In any Hackintosh installation, the first steps is to check the Motherboard documentation from the Manufacturer's User Manual , Specifications etc to determine what Intel chipset is in the Motherboard as in the Asus MoBo listed here with H370.
  • ***Unfortunately User Manual does not always provide the proprietary information in case of a Brand Name PC's MoBo ( like Dell|HP etc)
  • Next is to check and find the Chipsets of USB controller, SATA Controller, Ethernet Controller , WiFi Chip if Integrated, Audio Controller.
  • Check the Intel CPU and make sure it has Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) 4.2 to be able to support Mojave. You may have to go to Intel Sites for this information about their CPU.
  • Similarly check the Intel Processor's associated Intel HD Graphics [Intel CPU i7-8700K has UHD Graphics 630]

• Check the documentations of Add-On PCIE Graphics , WiFi or Other cards to know their Chipsets and support in Mojave.

• Just because these hardware which are Primarily made for Windows work OK in Windows 10, it does not mean you can just buy them and start a USB Installer created using Unibeast and blame the Unibeast for the installer crashing on you.

• All of the above are to determine what kexts (drivers) would be needed for Mojave to use the hardware.

• Unless you see a well documented installation writeup in a Forum giving all the details of installation in a simple and understandable manner, don't take their words and spend countless hours trying to fix a problem from incompatible hardware or incomprehensible instructions.

• Sometimes you have to run a Hardware information Tool like AIDA64, Speccy etc in Windows to get the required information

• In some cases you cannot easily get hardware information to find kexts as in Brand name Computers (like Dell|HP).
  • *** I find running a Linux LiveDisk (USB) an easier way to find the information by running lspci command on the Console .
    • We can find very useful information without having to Install the Linux system on the Hard disk .
    • My current favorite is the small Xenial Pup64 UEFI USB Flash disk 4GB I have created using xenialpup64-7.5-uefi.iso into Windows 10 Using Rufus downloaded https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/rufus.html
    • In the installed Xenial Pup (on RAM not on the Hard Disk) , on reaching Desktop in 4-6 minutes find "Console " (Terminal) on Desktop to click open and simply type lspci [ENTER]

• The output will list the hardware info about USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Graphics, Audio etc that we need [See iMAGES 1,2, 3]

• Once you get all the Chipset information , hunt for the required Macos Mojave kexts from sources like, Tonymac Downloads, RehabMan Bucket and other Internet Repositories created by very smart and helpful folks like RehabMan, Tolida and several others.
    • Google is your friend to find these sources.

• Now you can start creating your USB Installer Disk .
  • Understand that this installer works only if you carefully select your BIOS options.
  • If you are already running windows, get to know your BIOS and its various menus, and how to get there what they do for your hardware etc and how to create BIOS Screen Capture Images to upload to forum etc from MoBo manual and any other sources you can find through Google search.

• The time to find what is in the BIOS and what you have in your CLOVER is BEFORE you boot the Computer with the USB Installer and land on an Apple logo with a Progress bar screen!

• If you don't use Verbose Boot during installation or troubleshoot either you know everything and you don't need to post for help in a Forum or you don't know enough and want to seek help in a Forum but don't know why you need to upload a Verbose boot screen.
Simply stated, Apple logo Covers up problems on screen the Verbose boot screen can show to those who know about Hackintosh clues for the Boot failure to suggest a possible troubleshoot step.

The above information comes from reading numerous posts in Forums seeking help for problem boot or reading GUIDES posted by Hackintosh Gurus; the Former know too little and the latter are real Pros!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status