Motherboard
Asus ROG Z270
CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I’ve tried this multiple times. The entire bar loads, then turns into a prohibitory symbol. I have tried it in multiple USB ports. My specs are under my profile. Thanks for any help!

I’ll give this a shot. Thanks!

I tried this, and still no luck. Any other suggestions?

I tried this, and still no luck. Any other suggestions?
i had the same issue, and mine was booting in verbose mode. when the prohibitory sign showed up, it garbled the verbose text being echoed on-screen and just hung there. I was in the process of trying all my USB ports with the unibeast installer, with only mouse/keyboard plugged in. The USB port I used prior on my board worked once, but not a second time after attempting to unsuccessfully apply a terminal command to avoid APFS. Anyhow, I was looking at the prohibitory sign, thinking it failed again, and I couldn't read anything on screen, so before hard shutting down the computer by holding power down, i grabbed the USB Unibeast installer disk and moved it to the next port I tried (USB 3.1, red port) and began to hold down the power button. But before I could hold the button down long enough, the prohibitory sign disappeared and the text cleared up and the installer continued to boot!

Then I installed Mac OS X (High Sierra)! :lol:

Last edited:
i had the same issue, and mine was booting in verbose mode. when the prohibitory sign showed up, it garbled the verbose text being echoed on-screen and just hung there. I was in the process of trying all my USB ports with the unibeast installer, with only mouse/keyboard plugged in. The USB port I used prior on my board worked once, but not a second time after attempting to unsuccessfully apply a terminal command to avoid APFS. Anyhow, I was looking at the prohibitory sign, thinking it failed again, and I couldn't read anything on screen, so before hard shutting down the computer by holding power down, i grabbed the USB Unibeast installer disk and moved it to the next port I tried (USB 3.1, red port) and began to hold down the power button. But before I could hold the button down long enough, the prohibitory sign disappeared and the text cleared up and the installer continued to boot!

Then I installed Mac OS X (High Sierra)! :lol:

I'm having issues starting the installer myself. If it's as simple as just moving the stick around I'm gonna have a laugh.

I’ve tried this multiple times. The entire bar loads, then turns into a prohibitory symbol. I have tried it in multiple USB ports. My specs are under my profile. Thanks for any help!

Try moving your install USB Unibeast disk to a different port after you get the prohibitory sign. (worked for me, ymmv).

I finally read the verbose text. It says “Still waiting for root device”

Yea, there are many posts on that topic... try moving the disk too, if that doesn't work, search for "Still waiting for root device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back